TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is a j-mod? i read the article telling you how to tear that tranny up, but what is actually a j-mod?

·
Super Moderator
12,687 Posts
The J-mod is an abbreviation for the Jerry Wroblewski transmission Modification. Jerry was an transmission engineer with Ford and was instrumental in the development of the 4R70W Transmission that came out in 1993.

The linked article that everyone is pointing you to is Jerry's thesis about the 4R70W. The J-Mod itself is covered in chapters 13 and 14. I realize that to a novice the thesis can be overwhelming.

RobertP sells ready to go kits for the J-mod with the separator plate pre-drilled to your specifications. All you need to do is install it. Getting one of these kits takes a lot of the guess work out of the equation about where to drill or what size hole to drill. Robert's Kits also include the necessary accumulators, springs, trans filter and gaskets. Give him a call. See the linked threads below for details. His website is robstireandauto.com

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=129907

or

http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=126550

·
Premium Member
649 Posts
With or without the Quotes I'm not understanding why Search would'nt NOW pull up his Post with J-mod in it ?

·
Registered
893 Posts
With or without the Quotes I'm not understanding why Search would'nt NOW pull up his Post with J-mod in it ?
It seems like the search is mostly broke or something. I searched for J-mod and it had no results. I searched for SVO and it had no results. I searched tie rod and no results. I searched cougar and actually got something.
SVO should have pulled up my intake thread, a few of guitar maestro's threads, and countless threads with RobertP and the SVO blower.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Does the search also search archived pages? I think someone put a link to the archives once. Maybe someone can enlighten me on this!
-Rob

·
Registered
433 Posts
with that kit making it easy would you advice a trans novice to attempt installing this kit? i would not say im NOT mechanically inclined but then again iv never worked on a trans either so? is this a bad learning experience mod?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts