TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 12" Power HX2 and a JBL BP1200.1 amp....I have been playing music through the sub with the gain on the amp set about 1/4. I have a JVC "El Kamelion" head unit which has sub output and the volume goes to 8, which is usually where it is set. The first few days I had the sub it was quite loud with those settings, then all of a sudden it wasn't as loud. Did the sub just get broken in? I looked at the actual subwoofer out of the box and nothing is wrong with the voice coils or wiring

·
Registered
26 Posts
MO_XR7 said:
I have a 12" Power HX2 and a JBL BP1200.1 amp....I have been playing music through the sub with the gain on the amp set about 1/4. I have a JVC "El Kamelion" head unit which has sub output and the volume goes to 8, which is usually where it is set. The first few days I had the sub it was quite loud with those settings, then all of a sudden it wasn't as loud. Did the sub just get broken in? I looked at the actual subwoofer out of the box and nothing is wrong with the voice coils or wiring
most of the time when you brake a sub in it gets louder. you might of jsut got used to how load it was. you can set the gain of the amp to what ever your radio puts out i think its 4 volts.

jbl's are kinda hard to set the gain right but you jsut have to mess around with it .

·
Registered
538 Posts
When

When you first installed it, it sounded loud cause you were not used to it....However, you have a Rockford HX2 which plays at 500w rms..your amp is JBL which is rated at 1200w peak...now your amp probably plays at around 600w rms, and you only have it turned up 1/4 of the way(150w)...your not supplying enough power maybe.

Don't take my word for it...I'm not sure of thse exact numbers and i don't want you to blow a speaker, so have a prof take a look to see what exactly you have going on.

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
26 Posts
your wrong buddy

the jbl puts out a little over 1200 watts rms at 12.2 volts and it does around 1480 watts rms at 14.4 volts. im not sure who told you its 600 rms and 1200 peak.

if you dont belive me check out termpro.com and do a surch thats the dbdrag web site.

·
Registered
538 Posts
My mistake...

I assumed when he said 1200 watts he meant peak power, i didn't know he was talking rms....your right.

So the only other thing i can think of...is what you said, he just got used to the sound, and now you don't thin it's loud.

BeirutsFinest

·
Registered
23 Posts

Well...whats the VC configuration of your sub? The BP1200.1 is 1200 watts RMS at 2 ohms. Its pulling quite a load...you might just be running your battery down. If your running the sub at 4 ohms...your getting a good 600 watts...which is more than enough power for the HX2. If you want more bass...try a ported enclosure (only if your running at 4 ohms).

Sean Mc

·
The Band, not the Disease!
3,090 Posts
damn, the 1200.1 is a DAMN good price for 1200w... Does it really put out the 1200 watts???

·
Registered
26 Posts
it puts out the same power at 1 and 2 ohms some will put out like 10 watt more at 1 ohm but the amp will heat up alot faster.

yes the amp has been tested to put out over 1400 watts at 14.4 volts, and a little over 1200 at 12 volts.

it is a vary good amp for the price a guy i was talking to went up almost 1 DB by going with this amp and he used to have a earthquake D2 witch puts out 1600-1700 watts rms at 2 ohms.

the amp has a vary clean power suppley and will put out more then what it says. you can't beat that for 260-280 bucks new.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've ran both my 1200.1's at 1 ohm for extended periods and they never get hot. It's been benched to do 1385 watts @ 14.4v at 1 or 2 ohms. Great amps.

I too think that you have just gotten used to it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Just a minor correction here, If they are Power HX2's the RMS on those is 1000 watts and the peak is 2000 watts. The standard Punch HX2 is 500 watt RMS and 1000 peak. Just an FYI for all of you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts