TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
High-Mileage 4.6L Thrasher
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cross posting so more people see this...

I'll be making up another batch of the following items in a couple of weeks (over the Thanksgiving holiday):

Front suspension support/Lower engine cradle bracing-$225
Subframe connector kit-$250

The FSSB/LECB fits '89-'97 Tbird/Cougar and '93-'98 Mark VIII.
The subframe connector kit will fit '92-'97 Tbird/Cougar and '93-'96 Mark VIII.
The subframe connectors will fit the Marks with the aluminum fuel tank, but MUST be modified by YOU or YOUR INSTALLER to clear the tank.

I'm planning on making up between 10-20 sets of each of these-depends on demand. If you want one or both-you need to send me a PM with your email address so you can get on the list, and I will require a NON-REFUNDABLE 50% deposit for the order, with the remaining balance and actual UPS shipping costs due before shipment. These will be made sometime between the 22nd and the 30th of this month, and I will be shipping the first week of December.
I am NOT making any RTLB's, Front STB's, or Rear STB's at this time.
All kits will include hardware and detailed instructions. These kits will require some minor welding for attaching the mounting tabs to the subframes, and are designed to be easily removed for servicing the car without blocking access.
Questions?
JL

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is too funny, Johnny!

I was just thinking the other night how when I had my '96 t-bird there didn't seem to be anyone making subframe connectors for the MN12 platform.

Nice stuff !

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is too funny, Johnny!

I was just thinking the other night how when I have my '96 t-bird there didn't seem to be anyone making subframe connectors for the MN12 platform.

Nice stuff !
I've been making these forever it seems like, just only do it when I have time, and when I have assistance from my partner in this that does the majority of the welding. He works out of town most of the time,so we fab up a batch when he's gonna be home for a few weeks.
JL

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
I've been making these forever it seems like, just only do it when I have time, and when I have assistance from my partner in this that does the majority of the welding. He works out of town most of the time,so we fab up a batch when he's gonna be home for a few weeks.
JL
if you're interested, I can weld those for you in the future.

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you're interested, I can weld those for you in the future.
I can take care of the welding really-he's just quicker and a bit cleaner-my welds aren't as pretty :)
"We" actually own the jig-not just one of us, so I just wait until we're both around and make a batch then.
JL.

·
Super Moderator
11,961 Posts
I too had wanted to make all sorts of cool bracing and what not, but alas, my tig sits outside collecting dust (not really 'cause its covered) because of a lack of time....much easier to buy them already made :)

JL, don't remember if I PM'd you or not, but I received the ones I purchased from you.....hopefully they'll go on the car soon

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, I've gotten deposit payments from 2 people,with another in the mail.
Due to delays in deposits, these will be built over the Christmas holiday, not Thanksgiving as was originally planned.
Just a heads-up for those that are waiting, or have paid a deposit.
JL

·
Registered
680 Posts
just sent ppal, thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, no problem on the wait.

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
where exactly do the subframe braces go? Ive not seen those anywhere.
Here:
Driver's side view:

Passenger side view:

Overall front:

·
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would possibly be interested...in what ways do they improve the car?
They do what any other subframe connector kit does- they tie the rear suspension subframe to the center unibody structure to form one solid structure with less twist of the chassis for more precise steering, less wander, and of course much improved handling. Compliment the subframe connector kit with the FSSB/LECB to tie the front K-member into this structure.
JL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts