TCCoA Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of braces and connectors. The late johnny langton made them for me. New in shipping box still. Any takers? Paid 600 for em. Could possibly be some of the last he made. Let me know folks.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
I actually have to find the "patent" design for these connectors and fabricate a few more. I know these were a big deal and still are.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Does anyone have any pics of these installed on a car? I saw a set that racecougar made, I believe he made them, and thought they looked like they'd do a good job of stiffening the chassis up. They tied the front unibody rails to the IRS carrier.

I know I could fab a set with some box and plate but sometimes it's worth paying a little more for convenience sake.

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
I'll get some for you, i might have to scan them. They are under dad's car, but I have good photos I could scan.

·
Super Moderator
17,139 Posts
JLs tied the front frame rails to the factory crossbar mounts which were then tied to the rear unibody rails under the factory stabilizer brackets, there used to be pictures on his members page if those survived the site changeover. I like Rod's setup too but IMO they just seem to me that they help stabilize the IRS more so than actually stiffen the unibody, the IRS cradle is isolated from the body by four chunks of rubber after all. Delrin or better yet aluminum bushings would certainly solve that though:)

·
Super Moderator
10,751 Posts
I have the pix he sent me for mine; they were hosted here on TCCOA, on his member's page, but I think all that's gone now.

I'll look up the pix, and post them up somewhere, but only with your permission, JL2.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Do the body's of these cars really twist that bad? I know my bronco does when flexing and I have some cracks on the b pillars to prove it. Im guessing its kind of like the kits you can buy for the stangs.
Yes.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Price update

First 300 plus shipping takes em. Paid 600 in 09. They were going for 500 new a few years ago. These have never been installed. I have the instructions as well. Thanks to all

·
Is something burning?..
712 Posts
I have the pix he sent me for mine; they were hosted here on TCCOA, on his member's page, but I think all that's gone now.

I'll look up the pix, and post them up somewhere, but only with your permission, JL2.
Go on right ahead.

·
Registered
3 Posts
would this kit make that big of a difference? i know any support is better than non but they dont look that beefy. when i think of braces i think of the MM sub frame connectors for my foxbody.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I never had a chance to install these. But i have been a passenger in one car that had them installed. His car seemed nice and solid. But comparing his car to mine would be unfair! His car was much nicer. It seems as though a decent amount have been sold on this forum. Maybe someone who has them could chime in. I wouldnt use em for jacking or lifting the car. But they are plenty beefy to tie together weak points. Most cars on here probly just have the front and rear braces which were abailable from two or three sources at one time. When i bought these a few years back, JL was the only one who had the subframe braces pre fab, so i bought them as a kit.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.