TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have no idea why my subs wont work, a red light saying (circuit protection) is light but all my connections are fine and all fuses and settings etc are fine, i hear that some amps have a temperature control on them that shut off the amp when it gets below a certain temp. but i had it in the garage (60 degress) and idk why its bein gay. any suggestions woudl be great cuz idk what to do as of now thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Does the amp go into protection mode ( circuit protection) when you power on the car every time? If so, I would probably be apt to think that a) your amp fuse is blown...most people don't check that, and b) your amp has blown a mosfet or something internal. What kind of amp is it?

·
Registered
514 Posts
I don't think that it goes into thermal shutdown when the temp goes too low only when it gets too hot. Cold temps is ideal for electronics...well as long as no condensation forms anyways..

But yeah check all of the fuses going to the amp and in the amp. If all of those are good get a buddy who has a system and try hooking up the amp in his car just to see if it powers up without the overload light.
If neither of those work I would have to say to start looking for someone who can rebuild amps or for a new one.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Unplug your speaker from your amp and see if circuit protection comes on. If it does, either the amp has a internal fault or your speaker is eaither wired wrong or the amp cant handle the ohm level.

If the protect light stays off , re-connect the sub and try turning your gains all the way down and see if it powers up without protection.

Slowly turn the gain up and if it goes into protect, more than likely it has a bad mosfet or a internal problem, or your sub has a bad coil.

Goodluck,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts