TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a great time at our little mini-meet - Fast96Tbird, Joeyicu and myself. We found Fast96Tbird's issues were that the morons at the tranny shop put in a 94-5 filter in the 96+ dimple pan, so it wasn't getting the fluid it should have. It's all fixed, J-modded, and it runs great! Below are some pics of our fun time :)

Getting ready for business.

96 guages in 97 Tbird

Another Satisfied Customer.

All torn apart.

Getting to work.

Burger break - This is my counter to AverageJoe's pic, lol :)

Mercon V - lifeblood of the gods.

All Done!

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Hehe, I still think my pic is more retarded. :tongue:

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
and on a side not i was roading a jeep wrangler and got it stuck! they had to pull me out

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah it was pretty icy last night - we had to get a 4wd explorer to get joey and the jeep outta there... wish i had the camera when we were moving cars at joey's place, seeing that 96 sport roasting the tires on the ice was incredible! it wouldve been a front page pic for sure.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts

·
Geek w/Gearhead Complex
2,299 Posts
AverageJoe said:
Hehe, I still think my pic is more retarded. :tongue:
I don't know, that picture does have some potential but until I see otherwise, I'll have to agree :D

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
I can't wait to see some track numbers from that black '97 ;) I imagine it barks the tires pretty darn good going into second.
Good work guys.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Yeah Jack with the mark 8 conveter, j-mod, and couple of little things i have done to it i think it will go low, LOW 14's. Tom couldn't believe how hard she pulls. Oh yeah 1-2 is nuts and 2-3 on the right road is a slight chirp. I don't know if he told you but we went pretty agressive on the drilling. I love it! 4.10's are next:)

-Derrick-

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
joey has to go see tom to get his but id be happy to since my working area is like so small.......a garage is a garage tho

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
nice...i need to get mine done now....

·
Registered
150 Posts
Damn, I missed it :( I need to meet some mn12 drivers other than the tool bags at my old highschool

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Its not a real party until the pants come off, but J-Modding is fun in its own right. lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
Cordeez said:
Damn, I missed it :( I need to meet some mn12 drivers other than the tool bags at my old highschool
Ditto. I do not know any MN12 enthusiasts around here.:zwall:

·
Registered
4,205 Posts
Darn, after looking at your pics, I'm really glad I have a lift to work with. JMods are fun, as long as you don't drink too much Mercon V. Luckily we have a drainpan with a trashcan lid drilled out to catch all the fluid, works pretty well, and you don't have to be as careful. We did OSUTBIRD's a couple weeks ago, and I have the parts sitting on my desk to do a Mustang this week, just a word to the wise, if you're nervous about doing the JMod yourself, don't be, once you get the valve body off, you'll see exactly what's going on, and how easy it truly is.

·
MAMN12 Posse Member
2,903 Posts
Roy Batty said:

Ditto. I do not know any MN12 enthusiasts around here.:zwall:
Oh really.....what about all the people in the Mid Atlantic chapter...that you're yet to meet....;)

Some of you all really, really need to make it to one of our meets. Not refering to you Tom, I know you've been to at least 3 this year. But you can't say there's no one around. There's plenty around MD, WV, and VA.

·
Moderator, Red Sox Nation Rabid Fan, TCCoAAC Found
3,165 Posts
nice work guys.... dip any fries in that mercon? MMMMM yummmy

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I took a shower in my mercon, it was cold.:leftright

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
I still need to get around to doing that... I'm scared to touch the transmission though :( :D *cough*Justin H*cough* :D :tongue:

good job guys :)

·
Registered
337 Posts
Steve it's really not that hard. I thought, oh god this is gonna be so hard to do!! So I had Tom (silver95bird) come down and do mine. After all was done and finished I was amazed at how easy it really was. Don't get scared trust me once your in there, it will make alot more sense, and you will also see how truley easy it is!!

-Derrick-

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Fast96Tbird said:
Steve it's really not that hard. I thought, oh god this is gonna be so hard to do!! So I had Tom (silver95bird) come down and do mine. After all was done and finished I was amazed at how easy it really was. Don't get scared trust me once your in there, it will make alot more sense, and you will also see how truley easy it is!!

-Derrick-
well... it makes me feel a little better lol. I think Shawn, LArry and Justin should take a trip over here one day to supervise me, considering they've done it before :D... I'll buy pizza and beer guys :tongue: *hint... nudge* lol

-Steve

1 - 20 of 24 Posts