TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
about 1 month ago i changed the air filter, and fixed the A/C system, every thing was/is fine i do have the recurring CEL for the rear O2 sensor. It drops out of spec when i hit a puddle, check the code and the capture it always the same..
so anyhow, about 1 week ago, if filled up with gas as normal and checked the mileage i usually run between 260-300 miles per tank around 15.4 mpg (mostly in town driving short trips) this last tank i dropped to 215 miles on the tank, and yesterday was about the same (220 miles) so i figured 2 or 3 mile per gallon drop.

What should i look for..no other changes.
Like i said the only work was the a/c and air filter and there was no change in mileage for the first 2 tanks after that.

oh just remembered (reason for edit) one tank of gas out of the last four was not at my usualy station, traffic sucked, so i detoured to the Sunoco station, and i figured What the heck, gas prices are down, so i filled it with their super premium (94 octane listed) i just down rememeber if it was the first or second tank, after the new air filter, but definetly no one of the last two where i got the crummy mileage

·
Premium Member
585 Posts
Were you not running the A/C before it was fixed? Also, an increase in the amount of ethanol in the gas you are getting will decrease your mpg. 10% ethanol = approx. 20% decrease in milage. :(

·
Super Moderator
10,896 Posts
Winter gas hit about two weeks ago here...

I don't know what they put in the gas for the winter, but it drops my mileage about that every year...

If it comes back next spring, you know what it was!

The only other things I know of would be a slipping tranny (you'ld notice) or really old oil. (You'ld probably notice it running like crap)

If it's running fine, it's probably the gas...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
regular oil changes/ new tranny well not new but only 7k miles on it not a rebuild. I don't think they add anything to the gas in south florida..I think i'll pull the battery cable and blank the memory and let it relearn this week and see if it makes a differenc.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
all i know is my neon was getting 29+ mpg.. now all of a sudden i'm getting 20

1 - 6 of 6 Posts