TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read through cyntaxx's thread about flat panel TV's last fall. I'm looking to spend between $1000-$1500, and I realize that I won't get true HDTV. I've been looking at LCD's because of space, and the Samsung 26" LCD looks pretty good. From the reivews I've read, it looks like a good combination of quality and price. (I don't know if I like the looks of it though--the bottom is angled, and could be distracting to look at)

Anybody have any other suggestions that I should look at?

I'm going to go look at the real thing tomorrow.(well, later today, actually.)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Just don't go with plasm, it's cost to much and it doesn't last that long, read about it. I like what's cheap and good. I'm in no hurry to get a flat screen tv, I want a projector, but sony is good, as well as LCD is the way to go. Samsung is good to, but to me it all comes down to the name, I think it's all the same, just by a warrenty, I always have and it comes in handy.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I'm not too concerned with brand name--as long as I've heard of it before. I'm just interested in picture quality. I will definitely get a warranty.

Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
We just got a 34" flat sony wega. It is am hdtv, cost about $1200. It has a very nice picture on it. It is a projector though, but that's ok. This one came from best buy.

Joe

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I have a 26 inch LCD monitor/TV hooked up to my computer and the cable. It is HD TV ready I just need the set-top box for it. It is made by a company called syntax and is the Olevia model line. It has more inputs than you can shake a stick at including a DVI connection which is HDCP compatible. After the rebates it only cost $600. It has built-in speakers as well as all the features of the more expensive brands. Its resolution is 1024 X 768. I know it isn't a namebrand like Sony (which I wouldn't buy anyways because I hate Sony) or Samsung. But the cost was right at the time (cheap) have been using it for almost 3 weeks, (got it right after Christmas) no complaints at all.
Makes me wish I had the set-top box for HDTV right now. Even normal TV looks so much better on this thing than on the TV across a room (a 32 inch Zenith superlow def crt TV)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts