TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well guys ive finally gotten everything right with the bird as far as maintenance goes. so this weekend im going to the exhaust shop but wanted some suggestions on the setup im thinking about. im thinking about doing what the exhaust articles says is a good setup 3" to 2.5 Duals. i just wanted to run it by you guys before i did it. and no im not going with Rustmasters!!!!!

And the bird is a 4.6L

All suggestions are welcome:D

·
Super Moderator
9,312 Posts
Well... a lot of us here run the 2.5" dual setup from Mandrel Exhaust Systems (trubendz). There's a long thread about it with videos and sound clips in the parts for sale section titled "mandrel bent exhaust".

EDIT: In fact, it looks like one of the mods edited the title and stickied it. It's now "Mandrel Exhaust Systems" and it's the second sticky in the parts for sale section.

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
Suggestion? Take the Mandrel Exhaust System system, but swap the X pipe for a DIDO muffler (a good one). Have the shop weld all THAT up, but use straight extensions where the rear mufflers should go, not welded, but clamped on.

That'll be loud at first, but you can tune it easily by clamping on a Dynomax this week - don't like that? Thrush glass packs next week, then a set of Borlas, etc.

RwP

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so the 3 to 2.5" setup is no good or now that they make a true dual set up that would be the way to go.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
The duel exhaust system is better thats not to say that the other set up is bad

·
Super Moderator
4,941 Posts
No good? Won't say that - there's advantages and disadvantages to it.

The true dual is what I'd opt for, ayep, but that's because I'm an old geezer and have a knee-jerk reaction :diablo: It's not based on any science.

RwP

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks guys im going to look into true duals but only for the right price. My guy at the shop was saying that he could do the 3"-2.5 setup for $215. So if i can get the duals for the same or little bit more I'll go for the dual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts