TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are some suggestions that I thought of so far.

1. Protect the paint on the fenders, just above where the front bumper cover bolts to it. The two screws from the bumper cover can scratch it.

2. Reach in between the fender and wheelwell liner, to get at the two screws holding the bumper cover to each fender.

3. Get a hold of some extra plastic push pins that Ford uses on the bumper cover. Chances are you will ruin one or two. I think AutoZone has them under the HELP brand. If not, a local Ford dealer should stock them.

4. Lay a blanket on the floor, or driveway, so that you don't scratch the bumper cover.

5. You absolutely need a 9mm deep socket bit. If you don't have one, get one.
You need this to attach the headlamp to the header panel.

6. When you order the headlamps, corner lamps, header panel, and hood release latch, order the plastic ring that holds the headlight bulb socket to the headlamp. The 95's don't fit, and they only cost $3.50 each.

7. The tiny hex head screw that holds the bumper cover to the header panel is 7/32"
You will need that socket bit too. 5mm bit was too small, 6mm bit was too big.

8. Try and make a mark somewhere on a garage wall, that indicates where your original headlights were aiming, before you take them off. You will have to park the car in almost the same exact position when you go to aim the new ones. Otherwise, you will have to either guess, or have a shop aim them for you.

9. Note: I do not like the way the bumper cover fits in-between the two new headlamps. It is not a simple matter of cutting off an eighth of an inch from the bumper cover. If anyone has any experience on what they did with their's, please let me know.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't think the cover looks all that bad. And you can't notice it unless you're up close. And I didn't do anything to the cover, just put it back.

Preston

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, on my car, the bumper cover actually rubs on the end of the headlamps, where the cover passes between the two headlamps. It also throws off the fit of the cover at the front vertical edge of the fender, because of this. Maybe your car is different.

When I get a chance, I will take a picture of that too..........

·
Registered
589 Posts
Come to think of it, the extremly small bolts that go on the side of the cover didn't line up right, maybe that is because of the new headlights... It hasn't been a problem though...

Preston

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
It does rub, but not a problem, I will end up going to '97 bumper eventualy anyways, I'm mainly focused on HP and getting a '97 hood right now though. I did have to "cut" the bumper to fit all the way back in on the panel though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts