TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

OH HELL YEA!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A SHOW!!!

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:

Metallica to Tour US With Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Deftones & Mudvayne

Rock fans rejoice! Three of the music world's greatest, most vital bands are joining forces for one of the most compelling tours in rock history, the Summer Sanitarium Tour 2003. Metallica, Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park come together for this once-in-a-lifetime live extravaganza that will kick off this coming summer, with all 3 bands playing headline length sets. The 3 groups are also delivering new albums to coincide with this unprecedented juggernaut throughout the U.S. The Summer Sanitarium Tour is slated to officially begin on July 4th. Metallica's inaugural Summer Sanitarium tour - which trekked across the U.S. in a series of sold out shows in the summer of 2000 - was one of the most successful concert events of that year, and featured some of the biggest names in rock, including Metallica, Korn, Kid Rock and System Of A Down.

For Metallica, who will be delivering their first studio album in more than five years this summer, the tour will mark their first appearance on American stages since 2000's Summer Sanitarium run. With more than 85 million albums sold worldwide, and holding down gold or platinum certifications in more than 40 countries, Metallica enters their third decade at the top of their game, largely regarded as one of the most influential groups in music history. Since their inception in 1981 the group has broken countless records, garnered numerous awards including 6 Grammys and engaged in several history-charting performances, including a groundbreaking appearance with the San Francisco Symphony in 1999. Their much anticipated new disc their 8th studio album entitled St. Anger, will be in stores on June 10th and is their first studio release since 1997's Re-Load, which debuted at #1 in 12 countries around the world and has sold more than 12 million albums worldwide to date...

--more--

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
too bad metallica sucks now (pre-load is good stuff, but anything new that they have put out has sucked, and since they are coming out with a new record, its gonna be all new stuff), limp bizkit has always sucked, linkin park and mudvayne also suck a big one. i feel bad that the deftones have to tour with suck crappy bands. ive seent eh deftones twice, and they are awesome live. -greg

·
Real Ultimate Goatse Hunter
850 Posts
glowing escape said:
too bad metallica sucks now (pre-load is good stuff, but anything new that they have put out has sucked, and since they are coming out with a new record, its gonna be all new stuff), limp bizkit has always sucked, linkin park and mudvayne also suck a big one. i feel bad that the deftones have to tour with suck crappy bands. ive seent eh deftones twice, and they are awesome live. -greg
It would be funny if the deftones didnt suck.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
wait a minute here.. now linkin park and limp bizkit suck a big one, but i've seen mudvayne twice and metallica once and they put on the best shows. Metallica had about 3-4 encores (which is insane). Limp bizkit also put on a good show when i seen them (LONG time ago). But i will admit metallica has gone down hill since the black album. I'm still going to go to it if they put a date in pittsburgh.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
you guys need to lay off the

Metallica deffinalty isn't what it once was, but they're still better then alot of crap thats being pumped out these days...crap like limp biscut. :rolleyes: I'd have to hear the new music before I commit to tickets. Load sucked, Reload showed promise of mettalica getting some of its edge back, and Fuel proves that james is still writing music, thats a good thing.

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
glowing escape said:
fuel was one of the worst songs on that album.. -greg
huh???

we always find it amusing to put Fuel on before a night of racing (legal, or otherwise....).

This will probbly become a 'pre' vs. 'post' black album debate. Personally, it doesnt matter to me. I listen to every album and enjoy nearly every song on every album (save 2 or so on the load-reload series). Nonetheless, if they come around, I'll pay good $$$ to see Metallica.

I dont really like the deftones...or limp bizkit....but really would like to see linkin park.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
:thumbsup: :ztoohot: :bowdown: :headbang: :znanner: :king:

What makes you think Metallica will only play newer material? :rolleyes:
I happen to like both styles, and I'd say Metallica is "in the middle" of my range. I'd gladly trade any of the others for Megadeth, but alas..... :bawling:

Closest to me is boston, but I'd be worth the 2 hour drive.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
well.. they will prolly be playing a lot of new stuff because they are putting out a NEW ALBUM.

i would go just to see the deftones, but i bet tickets are gonna be at least 40 bucks, and 40 bucks to sit through a ton of crap (limp bizkit is just absolutely no integrity rapcore music, linkin park is like a cross between a boyband and rapcore band, metallica is all washed up, and mudvayne is a really bad slipknot ripoff.) -greg

·
Astrophysicist / PostWhore
2,028 Posts
glowing escape said:
well.. they will prolly be playing a lot of new stuff because they are putting out a NEW ALBUM.

i would go just to see the deftones, but i bet tickets are gonna be at least 40 bucks, and 40 bucks to sit through a ton of crap (limp bizkit is just absolutely no integrity rapcore music, linkin park is like a cross between a boyband and rapcore band, metallica is all washed up, and mudvayne is a really bad slipknot ripoff.) -greg
I saw them when they put out LOAD...they only played like 4 songs off of load that night....

So, just because they're putting out a new album doesnt mean the whole night is going to be new stuff.

Metallica all washed up......right......they'll still sell MILLIONS of albums...and their TRUE fans are going to be there....

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GreenBird said:
:bowdown: :headbang:
I'd gladly trade any of the others for Megadeth, but alas..... :bawling:
I hear ya on that, Dave said about a year and a half ago that he would love to be able to split a bill with metallica. that would rule.

it was load or reload i cant remember what one it was, but they only played like 3-4 songs off of it, thats the way they are, their fans expect the old stuff, plus one or 2 of the new stuff. the S&M tour they didnt play any load or reload songs. not a one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
66dvlbrd68 said:

huh???

we always find it amusing to put Fuel on before a night of racing (legal, or otherwise....).

This will probbly become a 'pre' vs. 'post' black album debate. Personally, it doesnt matter to me. I listen to every album and enjoy nearly every song on every album (save 2 or so on the load-reload series). Nonetheless, if they come around, I'll pay good $$$ to see Metallica.

I dont really like the deftones...or limp bizkit....but really would like to see linkin park.
Hell yah most metallica kicks some major [email protected]% anyways I would love to see linkin park as well and maybe bring a good book while the deftones are playing.......

Anyways it does seem more fun to be driving the snake with "fuel" on...heheheheh

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Badasp5.0 said:

Anyways it does seem more fun to be driving the snake with "fuel" on...heheheheh
others good driving tunes by them:

Motorbreath
Wherever I May Roam ("she" is your car)
Prowler (Iron Maiden cover)

·
Registered
237 Posts
IMO anything up to MASTER OF PUPPETS is golden, it started to go down hill from there (although ... and justice for all is a great album)

what i will be looking forward to later this year is the in flames/ministry/mudvayne tour:headbang:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts