TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Voice/Data Guru
7,781 Posts
:bawling: Oh my wish I had that combo:( just told the wife its on my wish list .She will fall in the floor on the price LOL

·
Registered
105 Posts
Oh my, I wish I had that kinda money to spend:(

·
Registered
836 Posts
sounds pricey to me...an explorer swap and darrin trans can be had for around 3000 if you look around. just my 2 cents though. Bonus is it has an aluminum block.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
very pricey i foudn my full long block 01 PI for 200$ and i see deals on 2v or 4Vs on craigs and ebay for less than 500 all the time

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Good price, it's brand new and complete. Everybody seems to want to compare it to used ****.

·
Super Moderator
10,296 Posts
Good price, it's brand new and complete. Everybody seems to want to compare it to used ****.
$4k for a reman engine, tranny, eec, and accessories is a great deal, IMHO.

$500 for a JY motor is a crapshoot, unless you know the guys at the jy pretty well.

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
anyone who buys a JY engine and doesn't inspect it after is a fool and deserves what they have comin to them

i bought a low mileage 04 w/ 22k on it.. one of the cylinders had a 1/16" deep score line halfway up from the bottom and not quite as deep the rest of the way up.. they exchanged it for an 03 w/ 60k on it that looked like it had maybe 10k on it..

·
Registered
7,061 Posts
Wow. All new.

Good deal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
what a rip off
Money could be much better spent than that combo, enuff said.
no wonder idiots put 350s in every vehicle known to man, because its cheaper than this combo!

·
Registered
95 Posts
they are BRAND NEW, try finding a BRAND NEW LS1 with a T-56, eec and harnesses for that much.
your right, but tell me it will have "260 hp" and it isn't new, it's more like remanufactured. Iam just trying to state that you could get as much horse power cheaper than that. And complete just means the dummy work has been "cut out for you" Its your money, do what you want with it!

·
Registered
335 Posts
your right, but tell me it will have "260 hp" and it isn't new, it's more like remanufactured. Iam just trying to state that you could get as much horse power cheaper than that. And complete just means the dummy work has been "cut out for you" Its your money, do what you want with it!
It actually says "Brand New" in the listing, and 260hp was the stock rating for a 1999 Mustang GT.

I guess what I'm saying is that I don't understand what you're trying to say. It seems like a decent deal for a new engine, new trans, all the accessories, and electronics.

Sure, it's more expensive than a small block chev, but it also has better reliability and better drivability than a 50 year old design.

·
Registered
105 Posts
They are brand new but no warranty. "These are clearance items and are sold as-is."

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
Not a bad deal at all! I don't think the manifolds would work but other than that its a direct drop in. Your odds summit would sell you a good engine are better than your odds of a random craigslist buy or jy buy. Unless you want something special this would be a good all around upgrade for any 4.6 v8. Anyone wanting more power in their 94-95's especially should consider it, since the trans is garbage and so are the heads for those 2 years.

I don't know why you'd compare this deal to buying used engines and transmissions either.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
yes its fine if you make 10k a month but for the majority of people who make under 5k a month its kinda stupid to go blowing 4+K on a oem motor and trans when you can look around and put a package together far better than that package if you spend your money right. So i guess its up to "do i want to spend all my cashola" or "hey thats like taking a dime outa my pocket for some"

All Im really saying is if i wanted a bone stock Pi motor and newer tran and wiring I could put it together for under a grand if i shop around.

·
PostWhore, The AFDB is on a lil tight.
3,868 Posts
yes its fine if you make 10k a month but for the majority of people who make under 5k a month its kinda stupid to go blowing 4+K on a oem motor and trans when you can look around and put a package together far better than that package if you spend your money right. So i guess its up to "do i want to spend all my cashola" or "hey thats like taking a dime outa my pocket for some"

All Im really saying is if i wanted a bone stock Pi motor and newer tran and wiring I could put it together for under a grand if i shop around.
I agree with what you're saying too, no doubt about it. There is never just 1 correct answer to getting something like this in your car, it just depends on other variables we are already aware of, like knowledge, skills etc.

One word that works for most people is reliability.

Cash isn't anything but a means to an end. Either you use it or it uses you.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts