TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Motorboatin' SOB, Headlight Cleaning Guru
6,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys im going to order a muffler off of summit racing soon. has anyone had any problems with summit racing? just curious. thanks.

·
Registered
855 Posts
i've had good experiences with summit.....fast shipping, good service......wasn't quite ready for the handling charge.....FREE SHIPPING , but then i had to pay $7.95 for handling, so that kinda caught me off gaurd. hehe....If they have what you need, go for it.

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
whenever I get that catalog in the mail, my hand makes a nice smooth motion out the mailbox & into the garbage can with it, seems like if you've seen one issue you've seen them all, besides a friend of mine signed me up to recieve them, and I classify them as junk mail at this point.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Problems and Summit usually arent in the same sentence. I have ordered a few times. Great to deal with and fast and I mean fast shipping.

-Shawn

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Summit is AWESOME! If you ever have a chance to actually visit one of their stores, do it! My older brothers and father has been getting stuff from Summit for years, and have never had a problem.

~*~ Molly

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
They have stores?! WEll, that changes things, I wonder are there any in cali....The catalog annoys me though, I dont know why, for some reason it just does

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
I have never had a problem with Summit. Handling is going to depend on the object that you buy, if it's delicate or has chemicals in it (paints and such). I've always had lightning fast service from them.

From their website. ( http://www.summitracing.com )
"You'll find virtually any high performance, accessory, or racing part you need at Summit. Our two huge warehouses in Tallmadge, Ohio and Sparks, Nevada are bulging with thousands of new products from brand names you trust--no factory seconds here. And if you don't see the part you need in your Summit catalog, just give us a call. Chances are it's in stock, ready to be shipped. We even take special orders for parts carried by our suppliers!"

·
Registered
71 Posts
No problems here either.

I ordered my flowmaster cat-back and K&N Cone filter there. They came in real quick. Great service.

·
Anything But Typical
1,337 Posts
Earl said:
They have stores?! WEll, that changes things, I wonder are there any in cali....The catalog annoys me though, I dont know why, for some reason it just does
They only have two... on in Reno, Nevada, and the original one in Akron, Ohio. I'm grew up about an hour away from Akron, so that's how I know about the store there. It's HUGE. About the size of a Super Wal-mart.

~*~ Molly

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
Earl said:
whenever I get that catalog in the mail, my hand makes a nice smooth motion out the mailbox & into the garbage can with it, seems like if you've seen one issue you've seen them all, besides a friend of mine signed me up to recieve them, and I classify them as junk mail at this point.
if you dont want the damn thing call them and tell them is it that difficult??? if you dont want it send them to me. id be happy to get them. you do realize the reason they send them dont you? they want you to order out of them.

·
Registered
538 Posts
I love Them

They have really fast Shipping.....2 days and it's here....even if it's 2 days from a Saturday...they get it to you on Saturday.

BeirutsFinest

·
Johnny Five is Alive, TCCoAAC Member
1,614 Posts
No problem here either..

things purchased:

Autometer Gauges (speedo/tach/gas/oil/temp)
Richmond 8.8 3.73 gears, Richmond Install Kit
94-95 Mustang Hammer Shifter
BBK Caster/Camber Plates
Flex-a-lite 210 Cooling Fans

+++ many other items ;o)

Also, Returning items is a breeze, and never had a problem.

However, I usally check w/my local speed shop before buying from Summit. (sometimes my local shop has the parts in stock)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts