TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about picking up a Bird without the sunroof option. Has anyone ever put one in a regular roofed car? Looks like it might be a problem cause of the bracing in the roof. I dont want to mess with it at all structurally... Thoughts? Experiences?

-Joel

·
Banned
50 Posts
Maybe you could have a shop install a universal fit sunroof? It wouldn't be as cool as the factory unit, but it's better than nothing and quite easy to do.

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I've actually talked to Musto about buying his 4' ragtop... I am just wondering if it is safe to put anything like that (or any aftermarket sunroof) in a car with no prior sunroof.

-Joel

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
there was a former thread about it. you would have to swap out the roof.. because of the extra bracing a sunroofed car has. and it would be a wiring nightmare.... yeah, just have a universal one installed... a LOT less of a PITA

·
CEO, WT Club
2,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont want to put a stock one in it. I want to put any kind of aftermarket one in it, preferably a big rag top or something. I know I could do a small one. Just wanted people experiences.

-Joel

1 - 6 of 6 Posts