TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought me another SC. This baby is an 89 SC, and is in pretty decent shape, but shows its age. I got it home a few days ago and realized that I could not close the moonroof (electric). The switch seemed not to operate. My question is, could it be the switch, or is it more likely to be a fuse or fusible link (not sure which the sunroof uses, maybe even a breaker. If anyone can help point me in the right direction I would be grateful.

Thanks

Philip Stocker

·
Registered
59 Posts
Sunroof

Try taking out the switch, use a DC test light and see if there is current to the switch. If there is, jump the connections and see if the motor works. If it does, it's the switch.
I had a bad switch a while ago.

·
Formula 1 Freak
136 Posts
Do you hear anything at all when you press the switch? Have you checked the fuses under the dash, and in the power distribution box under the hood? If you hear the motor attemping to run when you push the switch, you know it's not the switch. If you hear a relay "clicking" but no motor run, could be the motor. If you hear absolutely nothing, well then it could be the switch, or fuse. Process of elimination is the easiest, cheapest way to start. So if it were me....first thing I do is check the fuses....if they are all good, I check the switch using the process that 2coupes suggested. If you know you have power, the switch works, and you jump the power to the motor, and still nothing....then you know it's the motor in all probability.
Good Luck,
-Jeff

;)

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
I had the same problem, but on a '96 LX. I tried everything to fix it but no luck (all the fuses, had the whole switch apart, etc.). Well I was going crazy one day because I couldn't figure out what was wrong. So I poped of the motor cover that is in the backseat (headliner). I messed around in there and seen that there was a harness disconected :eek: . It was kind of a hidden one, so look good. Well I plug it back in and bam, it works. That's all it was! I couldn't beleive it, what a releif!

Well what i'm getting at is to check all the connections in the motor area too(backseat in the headliner)! Hope this helps....;)

Also, it would work, then not work, then work and not work before it went completely dead. But when it completely stoped working for me, the roof was open :mad: . So I had to find out the problem fast. So all that was going on was that the harness was loose and would connect and disconnect when going over bumps and stuff. Until it finally came all the way out....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts