TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched first and no luck, so i'm gonna ask...:) . First off is it a moon or sun roof? Whats the difference? I forget... LOL.

Okay, this is on a '96 'Bird with the original sunroof.

Do you know how you close your sunroof it stops automaticaly when its closed and when it is as far back as it can go? Well mine doesn't do that anymore. It only stops when it is halfway open. It will keep going all the way back (which isn't good). Also I have to stop it manually to close it. Does anyone know how to fix it? Is there anyway to adjust it? It gets annoying trying to close it by guessing if its shut!

Thanks for any help!

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
This is how you do it on a SHO:

1) Remove the three screws that secure the halo to the front, slide it rearward with the sunshield to get it out of your way.

2)Raise glass from inside vehicle so that the rear of glass is approx 1mm higher than flush with roof at rear corners. Tighten RH and KH rear screws. Lower glass in front so that it is approx 1mm below flush with roof at front corners. Tighten RH and LH front glass screws, Tighten center screws.

I have no clue if the bird and SHO sunroofs are the same.

·
Premium Member
3,247 Posts
Yes, there is a way to adjust it, but it seems complicated.

The information is contained in the shop manual.

If no one else can help you out, I can scan the pages and send them to you via e-mail, that is - if you're not in a hurry

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Rolling-Thunder if you could scan them for me I would appreciate it. I am not in a big hurry or anything. So if you do get a chance, you can email them to me at [email protected] . Thanks! :D

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay! Thanks!

I'll keep my eyes peeled....;)

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah thats perfect thanks! Seems a bit confusing, but I think I can handle it....lol. :)

Thanks!

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
WOW! That was much easier than I expected! It took me less tha 10 min. Very easy! :D . Thanks Again!

Sunroof works like new again...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts