TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey does anyone know if I can take a Sunroof out of one bird and put it in mine? I'm looking to buy this one off this guy, but just want to make sure that I will be able to put it in mine.... .Will there be any problem in putting it in?

Also, Does anyone know how much it would cost to install in my car once I got it?

Lastly, How much would a used sunroof cost? I don't really know, and I was looking at a ballpark range as to how much I should offer for it...any suggestions?

·
Registered
859 Posts
Well, I don't have too much experience with used sunroofs? As far as aftermarket ones, you can get on installed for about $1200.

Thomas

·
Registered
237 Posts
does your car already have a factory sunroof? if it does you can probably replace it with another factory piece. If you're talking about aftermarket ones, if it fit in one bird it should fit in yours but will probably cost the same to install as a new one, more if you have them pull it for you.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Saw someone put a sunroof in a GMC Sierra on TRUCKS on TNN.
They had to take out the headliner and make sure all the wires were out of the way. Use a grinder and cut out the braces where the sunroof went. Take a template and draw it on the roof. Drill a hole into the roof. Use a jigsaw and put a piece of tape on the blade where you want it to stop, like an inch up. Saw it out, I about died when I saw him drill into a like $30,000 truck roof, and clean up the sharp edges on the roof. if you can get some weatherstripping that wouldfit around good and silicone it good and install it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
well...

me and my auto body guy were just talking about this and figured the easiest and cleanest install from a sunroof blessed bird to my bird would be to take the whole roof. This makes since because the t-bird sunroofs are indented in and with out at least the outer shell it would be hard to duplicate a factory install. Just dropping an idea. peace.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
i had an aftermarket sunroof put in... 265 bucks (no power).. it has a lifetime no-leak garuntee and well, it doesnt leak. its a 32x17. i love it. they did a good job. -greg

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I think I saw a post on that car here. Looks nice, I bet it runs really good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts