TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody here had a sunroof or a moonroof installed on their car? I know the prices will vary but about how much did it cost and have you had any problems with it as far as leaking and whatnot?

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
I had a flip-up installed for $325, but it had a lifetime warranty.
Forget about installing a factory moonroof - it won't happen.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$325 isnt too bad. Does the lifetime warranty cover leaking and everything?

·
8,239 Posts
There are shops that install a factory type moonroof for like 1500 bucks. I had a cavalier with an aftermarket flip up sunroof, it wasn't too bad and never leaked. You could take the glass out of it and put it in the trunk if you wanted the moonroof effect.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The flip out one sounds like they way to go since I didnt really want to spend more than 400 bucks.

·
Raoul Duke
1,747 Posts
T-tops on these cars is practically out of the question.
The fabrication would be immense, and it would compromise the structural integrity of the vehicle. Massive subframe connectors would be required just to compensate for the lack of roof metal.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
my buddy had a powered one put in his stang. the unit is all together instead of the motor being way back like my birdy. they r made for quick ans simple instals. it slides back and up like the new cougars. pretty neat actually. sorry i dont know how much it costs.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Someone actually told me to put in a t-top....

T-tops on these cars is practically out of the question.
But I agree with that.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
Ziebart puts sun roofs in..

theres like 3 or 4 different models you can choose from with prices that change accordingly

1 - 13 of 13 Posts