TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..........I know the GM conventional fluid is cheaper than the Ford. HOWEVER....with Ford using synthetic.........who has the Ford part number for it?
Has anyone found it at any chain auto part stores?

·
Registered
59 Posts
E9SZ 19577 A

But both the GM and Ford Fluids meet the same specifications. But knock yourself out and buy the most expensive stuff if you like.

·
Banned
198 Posts
You Can Use Other Oil That Is Much More

INEXPENISEVE LIKE MOBIL ONE SYN OR THE AMECO TURBINE OIL AIRCRAFT DO A SEARCH AT SCCOA AND YOUY WILL FIND IT MUCH CHEAPER BTW I MADE MY OWN STUFF BY MIXING LUCAS 10% WITH MOBIL ONE 5 -30 SYN USED FOR 5 YEARS NOW:tongue:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Just a little off topic here- I've wondered about the blue colored GM synchromesh fluid for transfer cases. It smells exactly like Mercon V but costs $9.00 per quart. Is it blue Mercon V?

·
Banned
198 Posts
I Wouldldn't Use It

AS IT IS MADE TO HAVE FRICTION BEARING OIL IN IT :eek:

·
Registered
316 Posts
ford is synthetic and lasts longer for more money.

or gm for now, and change it sooner.

ive used gm in all my superchargers

ive even heard of some people use turbine oil...might just be as expensive as fords syn..

·
Registered
630 Posts
dont listen to fast freddie he's just a old guy that knows alot but can get very very mean at time :p

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
dont listen to fast freddie he's just a old guy that knows alot but can get very very mean at time :p
Ha ha... Do not worry about Freddie, he is a nice old guy. He always types with the caps lock keys on. He does it because he needs glasses and is too cheap to buy a new pair so he has to use the caps lock keys in order to see what he is typing. :cool:

He does have several SC's and if he says Mobile 1 & Lucas works I am sure it does... ;)

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
The turbine oil works fine and is actually cheaper per ounce than either one, but it only comes in quarts, which is usually more than you need.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts