TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always figured the super coupe was a supercharged v6 until lo and behold on eBay appears a 1 of 50 made 1993 red super coupe with a 5 liter v8! Bill Elliot edition here right out of Georgia! This the only exception or were there more?

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
It's awesome to see "people" bring new info to our forum!

:)

BTW, a "Super" thing involves a supercharger.

Nice effort tho.

If you wanted to be edgy, you might have dug up the 1998 Supercoupe based on the 4.6.

As the Line was deleted in 97, it never happened, but WTF.

Hey, there was an AWD version too!

?

Reactions: jtaylor9888

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very cool, thanks. More or less like the night owl Bostonian stuff dealers did to cougars...Did Ford do any variations for 10th gen. other than anniversary or special editions?

Like a mustang pickup truck???

And come to think of it, convertible cougar, 97?! Can't remember what year that was but it was pretty cool. Saw about a 71 or 2 cougar today, rootbeerish paint, white interior, really nice looking car, my personal fav for cougars, a few hours after Wally World parking lot run in with security. I pull in and parked at the far end is a gold 97 bird for sale with tan leather
Interior. Just pull right next to it to see what it is when security dude pulls up asking me is that your car? I say which one? Only then does the dude notice the blue one. I said no...mines the blue one. He says he's gonna have it towed. I say oh man that's too bad. He says yeah...but I'll call them first. Later on.. I'm wondering if he did, so I call and the dude thanks me for the heads up. 167k on it. Mines got 167k on it. Says he's 6'4" and he needs something with a longer leg room. Very cool that the dude was actually in Walmart.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
The Bostonian stuff was rape; those poor cars didn't deserve that. SMH.

The Mustang SUV is an abomination before God, and as Marilyn Manson said, a sign of the impending apocalypse, where Cthulu arises and devours all Trumpites.

There were no convertible MN12's; the unibody will not support the deletion of the roof support.
Some might have been made, but if you see one, see if the doors open. :)

WalMart is a great place for Cool Dudes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yep specially with wired spoke wheel wells. Yep the only one made for some parade of convertibles or some such thing, write up mentions it. Not always, only when I'm there maybe...?

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
One is not a real thing; any car company can do that.
They at least made 5 of the AWD versions.

Might as well mention the short wheelbase versions, lol.

Hey, a sawzall and an attitude is enough for some people. :) Go get Some!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Understood! Wish I'd have known of y'all when I saw the convertible tbird some joker had on I think it was craigslist!

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,276 Posts
There was a 2002 Cougar 35th anniversary.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I think Casper posted a pic of a tbird wbw that someone cut the top off of, thinking to make a Vert.

The doors wouldn't open at all, iirc.

·
50 years of Mercury Cougar 1967/2017
1,276 Posts
There was and there is.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts