TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm gonna buy some highflow cats. correct me if I'm wrong but I'll get much more torque and won't jeopardize any or much HP that way than, if I eliminate all cats. So this is what I want to do. Replace the 2 upfront cats with the highflow cats eliminate the resonater and the 3rd cat, run true duels mid-mount a set of borla and run the pipes out the sides just infront of the rear tires.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Sounds good to me. Don't listen to people that will tell you side exhaust is un-safe cause its not true. Sure there is a little more of a risk, but I wouldn't worry about it.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
correct me if I'm wrong but I'll get much more torque that way and won't jeopardize any or much HP
Actually the inverse is true. (correction coming!)
As you decrease your backpressure in the exhaust system you will decrease torque but gain in horsepower.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OOOPS correction on my part. I need to fix that. I ment to say i'll get more torque with highflow cats than no cats at all. From what I undersatnd. Too much back pressure causes you to lose torque thats why i want to highflow cats. I figure if this is true I should increase torque by a small amount and increase hp dramatically

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pooperscooper said:
Sounds good to me. Don't listen to people that will tell you side exhaust is un-safe cause its not true. Sure there is a little more of a risk, but I wouldn't worry about it.
Well I'm thinking about buying the midget muffelers I believe these will work. http://www.borla.com/xr1.racing.bullet.mufflers/

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
since you said you changed your fuel lines.. you should be able to see that side exit exhaust in front of the tires is a near possibility to do on both sides... the fuel tank is in the way

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I believe the tank is lower on the pasenger side. Although it seem possible to mount the muffelers where the 3rd cat should be and run the pipe back and maybe wrap it around the backside of the tank.
Oh heck I should be able to run it out the side just infront of the tank. I'll have to do some measuring When the sun comes up. Have to day off some i'm pulling and all nighter. :cool: getting kinda sleepy though:eek: yawn

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
just be careful around that tank man.. heat and fuel don't mix hehehehe

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
True. True.
They mix well In the 4.6 though.
Thanks for reminding me of that. I'm debating on running both pipes out the left side. The thing is, I want the person next to me to be able to hear it. I don't want to be limited to driving in the slow lane. guess i'll have to move to one of those countries where they drive on the left.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
those muffs are sized like glass packs, they would work, good thinkin bro, your a clever dude, why do you want to exit the pipe out the side?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just thought it would look tight.

Thant and everytime I see it done on T.V. I thinks Its So sweet.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweeeeet..........!!! Dude that is awesome. I can't wait. It's gonna be off the hook. I think I'm gonna order my Muffelers right now.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
hey scooper, who's car is that in the pic?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
8 or 6?

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
are you serious? sounds sweet, does he post here often, i might want to get a little info from him, if he's still around, thanks, turbo eight sounds killer

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
chorizon said:
are you serious? sounds sweet, does he post here often, i might want to get a little info from him, if he's still around, thanks, turbo eight sounds killer
Alan's a good buddy of mine, and his is the second turbo MN12. The SC converted to the turbo 351 was the first, Alan's is a 302.

·
Full Metal
4,744 Posts
so is alan the guy who owns the bird scooper posted a pic of?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts