TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone using this stuff on bushings and has a feedback for there Silicone Dielectric Grease
#91003, 91005, 91015, 91016, 91030, 91400 ??
Thanks.

·
Like Titles Matter
2,129 Posts
Dielectric grease is not for suspension.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
why not use graphite grease i think it would hold up to your conditions a little bit better then dielectric grease. graphite grease isn't oil based so you don't have to worry. i love graphite grease except when it gets on my hands.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not to be Rude, but all of this don't answer's the question. We all know that our car's are special and therefor need special care. Squeaking freaks all of us out. Spending money is not a problem if it is worth the buck. I recently installed the Steeda IRS Bushing and the grease they send is way nastier than the regular Permatex Dielectric grease from local Part Stores for $6.00 a 3 Oz Tube. So i am hunting for the the best i can get out off the $$$$.
Good friend told me something very true one Day. " It's not important that you know everything, but is Important to know who knows"
Thats why i Post here! I am more than willing to help People(evan lot's of Times ppl. like to take kindness for weakness) but in some areas i just still have to learn and i am a fool about it.
May someone tells me " just stop wasting your time and get the Prothane SuperGrease from Summit" for $20.00 i am fine with it, cuz it was used here and worked out good.
DYI, i just ordered one of the SuperLube stuff and will keep y'all Posted. I only hope i don't have to write it up to the Life-experience Account. lol
-Maic

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got this stuff Today:mad: Don't waste your money unless you need a fancy Grease for anything you can think off less your car bushings. Permatex Dielectric is much more solid than this Lotion.

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts
Got this stuff Today:mad: Don't waste your money unless you need a fancy Grease for anything you can think off less your car bushings. Permatex Dielectric is much more solid than this Lotion.
may i suggest graphite grease again? stuff is super thick and isn't prone to heat and is non-petroleum based.

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
may i suggest graphite grease again? stuff is super thick and isn't prone to heat and is non-petroleum based.
hell yeah, lol. May i ask for a link or a brand ?

·
Clueless Poster
2,458 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks V8' i will be tire-kicking soon.

·
Eleventeenth Gear Poster
3,067 Posts
When I installed poly front sway bar bushings, they creaked and squeaked like crazy. I tried a couple different hings that didnt last. What did work though was Energy Suspension Formula Five Prelube. If I remember right, I only had to apply it the one time a few years ago. They havent made a sound since.

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
They havent made a sound since.
Maybe they fell out..

Sorry it was my first thought.

I too will try some of these greases. I hate squeakes.

Rodney

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Good deal. If that stuff doest keep things quiet I dont think anything will!
2x :thumbsup:, Got me sick that squeaking. You go somewhere with the Car squeaking like that ruins the whole overall impression. Not really something to be proud off. And ones all is done i need some donut lessons. You in?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts