TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Super Stallion model kit

I'm not sure if that is the actual name for it, but I saw a 1:24 scale Revell model kit of the stang with the blue,green and white paint job. It had the actual pic of the car on the top of the box. I've seen it somewhere are on here.

You know you've made it when you have a model kit made from your ride.

Title Edit: I didn't think that it was "Super Stang". Thanks for the enlightenment. :)

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
It's called the Super Stallion Mustang. I made a couple of those models. Also got some pics of the Super Stallion at the auto show a few years ago. Yea it does have an actual pic of the car on the box...

The camera I used takes crappy closeups. Took these a while ago... I changed the color because I don't really like special designs. I like solid colors.

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
im working on two kits right now,... an acura integra and '67 GTO hybrid... and a nissan skyline... i have a cessena 150 balsa/paper kit and a WRX kit waiting to get built. its an addiction.. i got a old mach 1 and an old shelby gt500, and a daytona that ive built recently. -greg

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
The SUPER STALLION is a nice kit to put together - but I caution you - DO NOT use their decals!!!

This kit has had to have the worst decals out of all my kits I've done. Simply spray the black/green on if you want it, or customize it. I really like how the body looked, and the decals ruined it. Time to buy another....

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
thats revell for ya.... they arent anything special when it comes to their kits. however, Tamiya is prolly the best brands i've seen thus far.. and i've heard good stuff about DML, but i havent tried them yet. -greg

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
I used to build a lot of model but I could never open a box and build a kit from the parts that it came with. I had a 36 Ford 5 window coupe that had the tubs and tires and wheels from a Hot Rod Lincoln Mark VII kit and the engine from Cruz Pedregon's funny car, that was probably the coolest one. Also had a ranger splash that got tubs out of a NASCAR and a big block with a tunnel ram put in it, had to cut the rear frame rails and move them closer together to make rom for the big tires and modify the firewall to make room for the engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts