TCCoA Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Fun times to be alive. Kids these days don't even know what a MP3 is, let alone Winamp or ripping a CD. :ROFLMAO:
I still rip (and buy) CDs. Can't stand MP3s, they sound like hell. I bought my newer recent Kenwood stereo head unit because it can read FLAC files off of flash drives (don't need a separate media player). That's how I'll load up all my music. But I also buy the CDs for the booklets (most newer releases are remastered with some cool info on the bands) and as hard backups for my digital music collection in case that gets wiped out somehow. Would suck to have to rip them all again but I'm not paying for compressed lossy music. But I can understand being forced to use MP3s for some of these older "new tech" head units.

Reactions: Darin10

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
If you can solder, you can refurb it.
Replace all the large can capacitors with new ones, and use "blue shower" on all the switches. Or deoxit gold, if blue shower doesn't exist anymore, lol.

I burned my entire cd collection to mp3 twice, 320k sounds a lot better than the default 128k, lol. but flac is better by far.
I can listen to metal in mp3; whats a few extra noises, lol.

·
Super Moderator
11,919 Posts
I have bought some really awesome stuff for dirt cheap.
I bought a few HP power supplies for less than shipping. :)
I bought a 50v 50A HP, that can run an amplifier, or chrome plate a wheel, lol.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.