TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering a few things about supercharger fluid...First: How much Fluid do you need to put into it( now i already have the part number so i know where i can get the fluid), and secondly, i was wondering how to take out the old fluid and how to put in the new fluid! So if anyone out there has the answer just let me know...thanks for your time

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
I don't own a SC, so I'm jealous of you. But I think you could get a speedier, and more accurate answer if you asked here:

www.sccoa.com

Thats a Cuper Coupe club and they have a great forum over there. Don't get me wrong, we have some wonderful guys here at TCCoA, but most of us have V8s. Just trying to help you out. They also have a forum for new Sc owners. I think its a section like our newbies section, but SC only.

You also might check the 3.8L and the Super Coupe forums here, they are tailored more to your car.

Good luck and take care of that SC! Those are wonderful cars. :)

By the way, Welcome to TCCoA! :)

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Black91SC said:
I was wondering a few things about supercharger fluid...First: How much Fluid do you need to put into it( now i already have the part number so i know where i can get the fluid), and secondly, i was wondering how to take out the old fluid and how to put in the new fluid! So if anyone out there has the answer just let me know...thanks for your time
Can't help you with how to take it out (turkey baster?) but you want to fill it till it's level with the hole.

You can get BETTER fluid from GM...any except Saturn or Chevy. and it costs HALF as much.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Turkey Baster

I tried a couple of dumb things, including siphoning it. Turkey baster with a little hose attached worked great

·
Registered
621 Posts
Re: Turkey Baster

dwedward said:
I tried a couple of dumb things, including siphoning it. Turkey baster with a little hose attached worked great
Yep, sure does. That's how I drained my power steering.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Black91SC said:
Dont get it from Ford, Get it from a GM dealer

·
Registered
722 Posts
Black91SC said:
I changed mine several months ago and I used the Turkey Baster with a peice of vaccum hose stuck in it.

I get the oil from the local Buick/Cad/Olds dealer. For those who do not have the part number it's 12345982 and it should run you about $5.00-$6.00 per bottle.

If your SC is empty it will take just under two bottles. (Aprox 7 oz). DO NOT OVERFILL. Fill it to the bottom of the threads. If you overfill it, it will puick it out all over the place and it STINKS after it gets hot! The new fluid comes it a plastic bottle with a squirt tip on it so replacing the fluid is no big deal!

Michael Albee - Prez
Super Coupe Club of Iowa
http://www.sccoia.org

1 - 7 of 7 Posts