TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 94 cougar 4.6 and am thinking about gettin a supercharger for it. Could someone please tell me where i could find one and what kind would be the best
thanks

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
"best" For what? What is your purpose for a supercharger? Do you want to race at a track or do you want to just have more everyday power? Also do you have a price range?

Allen Engineering makes a real nice one that is very streetable.
AED or straight to the tbird/cougar supercharger ---> http://www.allenengine.com/tbird1.htm
These superchargers can be used on daily driving street cars with no problem. They can be also taken to the track for some fun and with some other mods you can make a heck of a track car too. The only thing is it will cost $4,000 for your car. 94/95s need some extra parts compared to the 96/97s.

Other then that people have adapted Mustang superchargers like the Vortec to fit fine on hour cars. These will cost $1000-2000 just for the Supercharger. Then if you want intercooler and such too it would be more, making it close to the AED kit which is intercooled.

Other then supercharging there are some engines you can swap for cheaper to gain around 60HP.

Im sure more will respond here so check out what others have to say, maybe even the ones with superchargers. There is a power adding forum too that might have more info on superchargers and stuff.

Best of luck and welcome to TCCoA,
-Shawn

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
the aeds a nice kit it comes with the upgraded fuel system and intercool so its like a beginer kit almost

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Even though I don't have an AED (yet...;) ) I can tell you that the roots type SC used in it will give you gobs of lower end torque. Ever wanted to be able to light up the tires just by standing on it without using the brakes? And it would probably be the most straight-forward installation. It IS built for the MN12 afterall.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
if i had a spare 3500 dollars lieing around for forcded indutction on my 94 i would go out and buy an aed kit they seem very very good...a few aed birds runing 12s are around

·
Only you can prevent modular fires
1,446 Posts
Also remember that the stock motor wont hold up well to SCing you will need some good forged internals. I just put on a Paxton supcharger on a 98 mustang 2valve motor. It requires lots of mods and fabing and of course a hole in the hood. I will tell you one thing the mn12 needs a blower to feel more alive.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
yeah the ledgendary hole....i think your car is now a famous mn12...the dubz the blower n the apearence...yeah and the internalts are good to have if you boost above 8psi.....still good to have if you dont blow above that even...im not an experts just a talker so dont listen entrily to me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts