TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey is it possible to put the 3.8 supercharger on my 4.6? I found one at u pick it, if it’s possible what would i have to do?

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Not unless you can find a used AED or SVO / FRPP kit. There was an AED in the classifieds not too long ago.

·
Super Moderator
13,536 Posts
I've got an SVO + mounting hardware that I'll sell you for $6,500 + shipping.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not unless you can find a used AED or SVO / FRPP kit. There was an AED in the classifieds not too long ago.
What do those mean, I'm sorry, there is a lot to learn about these 4.6s
I've got an SVO + mounting hardware that I'll sell you for $6,500 + shipping.
do you have pictures? And whats the difference between the f150 headers and the 97 third headers?

·
Super Moderator
13,536 Posts

Here's a video of it on the dyno. You can hear the exhaust real well.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
What do those mean, I'm sorry, there is a lot to learn about these 4.6s
AED = Allen Engineering Design. Defunct supercharger kit mfg
Pic here: AED vs. SVO Supercharger

SVO = Special Vehicle Operations / FRPP Ford Performance Parts
"Ford branded" kit. Based on the Eaton M112 supercharger cast into an integrated manifold.
Probably also discontinued.

TM - did you mean to post the TORO leafblower pic?

·
Super Moderator
13,536 Posts
AED = Allen Engineering Design. Defunct supercharger kit mfg
Pic here: AED vs. SVO Supercharger

SVO = Special Vehicle Operations / FRPP Ford Performance Parts
"Ford branded" kit. Based on the Eaton M112 supercharger cast into an integrated manifold.
Probably also discontinued.

TM - did you mean to post the TORO leafblower pic?
You have to ask? LOL :LOL:

I'm not home right now and don't have access to my repository of car, car build and car parts photos. So I'm trolling with the TORO SVO just for fun.

The SVO supercharger is definitely discontinued. It's my understanding that only 500 of them were ever made.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trunk Monkey,
What were your iat’s with that set up? I have the Allen on 9lbs and it’s warm. I ended up adding water meth and a dual pass front mount.

·
The Parts Guy
7,578 Posts
There are a number of 4.6L 2V options out there. Look at the Tork Tech kit that Bill sells, the Kenne Bell setup, Vortech, and so on.

The M90 was too small for the 3.8L. Sticking it on the 4.6L is wasted effort.

·
Super Moderator
13,536 Posts
Trunk Monkey,
What were your IAT’s with that set up? I have the Allen on 9lbs and it’s warm. I ended up adding water meth and a dual pass front mount.
My guess is around 170 degrees. I also run water meth injection. That dyno pull was on gas, I've since switched to E85 but haven't been able to get a full pull out of it. The last time I took it to the dyno the old TC was slipping badly but she still managed 444 RWHP. I think it will make close to 500 when I get it dialed in.

Reactions: CDsDontBurn

·
Super Moderator
13,536 Posts
The SVO is an M112. That's 22 more M than an M90!

·
The Parts Guy
7,578 Posts
The M90 is perfect for a stock SC 3.8 engine.
If that were true, you wouldn't see a power gain at the same boost level when installing a larger twin-screw. It's called a "Heaton" for a reason.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts