TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would this work on my car? Or is this a bogus piece of equipment. It seems way too cheap. Thanks in advance.

Damien

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Do you have a link where we can look at it?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
8,239 Posts
hahaha.

Thanks,
Justin

seriously dude no that stuff does not work.

The supercoupe m90 can be adapted to a 4.6, with a ton of custom work. I seen one of the ford engineers at carlisle, he had a 95 supercoupe with a 95 4.6L v8 motor, with a m90 blower on it.

Not exactly the best way to make power, but its a neat car anyway due to the custom and experimental ford parts he had on it.

JH

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Electric superchargers. They've been beat to death on here before. The consensus was that they will:

1. Make a lot of noise.
2. Good for blow drying your hair
3. run down your battery

but do very little to actually make HP on your car. Here is a supercharger that actually works: Allen Engineering

Vortech is another.

The SC was made to bolt to a 3.8 intake so it won't work on an 8.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
An electric supercharger can be done but probably not on a 12 volt system. And not those wimpy little boat bilge blowers they paint black and sell on eBay for $50.

·
Boom.
5,238 Posts
JustinH said:
The supercoupe m90 can be adapted to a 4.6, with a ton of custom work. I seen one of the ford engineers at carlisle, he had a 95 supercoupe with a 95 4.6L v8 motor, with a m90 blower on it.

Not exactly the best way to make power, but its a neat car anyway due to the custom and experimental ford parts he had on it.

JH
*cough*AED*cough* ;) Yeah that is interesting though...

·
Registered
921 Posts
The M90S which is a ported version of the M90 are the same(I think). Now if they are indeed the same, it makes me wonder if you could just buy the manifold from AED and put a supercoupe blower on top of it. You would have to ask the experts, thats just my take on the situation. No I have not done any extensive research. My words are as good as a squirt of cold piss, so take that into account before relying on what I say in regards to this subject.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went onto the vortech site and I couldn't find a kit for the T-Birds. Does anyone have a link to this kit? I don't have the money yet, but I have formulated a budget to save enough sheckles to supercharge my baby. As for the actual installation of a supercharger kit, does it require any unusual tools? Is it really hard? I would like to be able to do it myself rather than pay a garage some rediculous amount to do it for me.:cool:

Thanks,
Damien

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hello
I would recommend the kenne bell off www.supercoupeperformance.com it runs 3400 for the 6 psi kit and its a twin screw so its the most efficent you will get. All the centrificals are just inefficent and kind of a waste of money considering it takes so much power to run them. As always that my opinion thought out from a fluid dynamics train of thought. Thanks.

Will

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JustinH said:
thats because there isn't one. Mustang kit.
Ok...there are like 16 Mustang kits. Which one is right for my 95 4.6L? Does it fit easily? How much does it cost?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
164 Posts
The best supercharger for the money and the ability to pass smog if you are in one of those states is the Allen Engine's Kit (AED). It is a 6 PSI full kit with a new chip/tuner, 80 mm lighting Mass Air Meter, 30 lbs injectors and a 190 LPH fuel pump. I put the kit on my car and with all the mods that I have, I am making 352 at the rear wheels, but that is because I have custom ported heads that massively increased the power and required a major custom tune. However, if you are just looking to add 95-97 RWHP, you can add the AED bolt on kit and be done and have power within 10 hours of installation. Check in the supercharger forum with all the AED people and they will tell you all you need to know...

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
ThunderMoon said:

Do you think that this would be an effective power adder? Would this put too high a strain on my alternator? The price is nice enough...
considering it was 355watts @ 24volts and we have a 12 Volt system w/ maybe a 130amp alternator.. hmm

don't waste your money man.... you want to spend $295 on something you can feel? save up a little more and go buy an SCT chip.. or get yourself a tranny cooler and do the j-mod.. something... don't waste your money on useless shyt like that..

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
ditto on above post, you would have to do a fully custom eltrical system for that thing to run right, probably cost ya more then going out and buying an AED kit, for a 95 bird to run an sc, just use the AED kit they work with the 94-95 thunderbirds, while a mustang vortech kit might take a little bit of custom work to go onto a 94-95 bird, but it would work, with the added custom work

there is also a FRPP SC kit, i know a few bird guys have those on there cars, i dont know a whole lot about those but they list for like 2200, but then you have to pay more money for the install kit, but theres another alternative

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
the other problem w/ the SVO kit is it lacks the integrated intercooler like the allen kit... so you have to add one.. so, MORE money.

i think it was rule of thumb that if you have to ask, you can't afford it :D

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
well the svo kit , you can run 6psi unintrcooled, and you might be fine, adding an intercooler is just geting the piping and the actaully intercooler, but your right in the end it would probably end up pricing out the same as the aed kit

1 - 20 of 81 Posts