TCCoA Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a superchip in my bird. I noticed very little performance with the superchip.Not to knock anyone who has told me that they are junk or the people who love them. But what is the quarter mile time differance between a standard superchip and other brands? I am a little hesitant spending 300 to 400 bucks on another worthless mod.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
The Inject Tech chip isn't worthless. It's worth more the more mods you have. Put the StupidChip on e-bay, someone will buy it.

·
Banned for Life
180 Posts
GreenBird said:
The Inject Tech chip isn't worthless. It's worth more the more mods you have. Put the StupidChip on e-bay, someone will buy it.
Reinhart performance chips and Ford chips.com and Dom now replace the inject chip, we both use the same tuning and we have the best chip sold, I sell all three,

I feel mine is the best I am here to help if I can.

I offer the most complete line out there, I sell all three of the top brands. I offer basic chips to complete supercharger set ups, and NOS. I offer same day shipping most companies take days or weeks.

Every chip you buy from us is customized for your specific needs and application. We don't use off the shelf programming like some other places. We develop each chip for exactly what your needs are without it costing extra.
We can also change a lot of things the "others" can't. Most "chip burners" just take some pre-developed program and burn that onto the chip. We have developed our own software that allows us to modify literally hundreds of values that the other guys don't even know exist. This is one of the things that make our chip better than the rest.

We have made thousands of Dyno pulls to develop a calibration that optimizes power and torque. During each of these pulls data is obtained, analyzed and then changes are made based on that. When you buy our chip, you buy this experience, which is second to none.

In almost all situations you do not need to send us your EEC module to read. We have an extensive database of files and rarely will you be put out by having to send us your module.

We don't just sell you a chip, we tell you how to get the most power out of your vehicle. Sometimes there are other things that you can benefit from, like a colder thermostat, different spark plugs and a different MAF.

We can set up your chip for any air meter you want to run. Not like the other guys that try to sell you their air meter with their chip. The best MAF's to use in most any application are production Ford MAF's. The quality control on these are excellent and the latest models have a pressure drop just as good as the aftermarket meters.

The programming on our chip was developed by people that actually programmed production EEC's. Do you want someone who has only made chips for, maybe, a few hundred cars or a few million?

In all honesty anyone can make power with a chip. All you have to be able to do is change spark and fuel (but you do get our vast experience for making that power). Very few, if any, chip programmers make changes to anything other than wide-open throttle. How often are you are WOT? After you get all the power possible, we then modify how the car drives at part throttle, where you spend most of your time. We modify the shift schedule, shift feel, spark, fuel, EGR, almost every subsystem that is within the EEC to maximize your entire driving experience. This also results in greater fuel economy. Now, with all your new found power, you may find yourself sampling this power more often, so you need to remember this when calculating your fuel economy.

No one can beat our chip for Torque, power, Price, or Service. We are TOPS.

904-276-5003
Quality Automobile care and service. Since 1987.

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
If it's not considered Inject-tech, whats it called? J-tune?

·
Banned for Life
180 Posts
Its called RPC = Reinhart Performance chips or Ford Chips.com also Dom has a site to www,rffperformance.com, but we are all here to help, I just did my 2002 GT it did 330 RWHP with a Automatic this is very good on 8 PSI, and we make a world of difference in your N/A cars just ask the members here.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
yes. Dennis is right on.

and if you missed it, that was sarcasm from me up top.

cant stress how important it is to simply call Dennis when you are looking into chips and tunes, 5 minutes on the phone is worth more than a week surfing the boards.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
CHIP BUYERS...I have posted pieces of this rant...

THREE different times....

.....Between the interdepedency of the various tables functions
and parameters AND then the relearning function - which is
essentially an internal reprogramming ability - according to
"the man with no name" it takes years to get really facile at
making a lot of, what turn out to be very delicate, alterations
to the EEC's programming.

....I wouldn't trust any of those "experts" that work for the
big chip or programmer companies at all. My guess is they have
hacked their way to marginal stability, while not having
a clue concerning true functional theory. Obviously those who
are associated with "the man with no name" (like Dennis, Dom,
or Pete) are excluded from my negative assessment of the field
of "experts" out there. I have no doubt he has forgotten more
about proper programming than the rest of these "experts" have
ever learned.

Once again though, there are a lot of "experts" out there that
talk a good game, but really don't have a clue. Just because
they haven't blown up their own car....yet....doesn't confer
upon them the title of "automotive computer design engineer."

READ THIS...LEARN IT, LOVE IT, LIVE IT....

AND call Dennis, Dom, or Pete...you are WASTING your money
if you do otherwise....

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
FB....a LOT of questions....

funderbird said:
I have a superchip in my bird. I noticed very little performance with the superchip.Not to knock anyone who has told me that they are junk or the people who love them. But what is the quarter mile time differance between a standard superchip and other brands? I am a little hesitant spending 300 to 400 bucks on another worthless mod.
Is your mod list complete?....Do you have off road down pipes
or high flow cats on that new exhaust system? If you don't, it's
not providing you much benefit.

Even if you do, you need to open up the top end of your motor
a bit. Have you bought a RichardM air tube for your '95? You
need it as your oem violin case airtube is restrictive. Also
you should consider a late model Mustang 80mm MAF that will
function well with your new chip.

The above changes will wake your car up a bit, but also be
aware that they aren't in the same league as P&P'd PI heads,
NOS, or a SC or Turbo.....

Hope this helps,

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Down pipes

What are down pipes? Are they to replace the pre-cats? Where can I get a high flow cat for my 3 inch exhaust? I know these are questions many of you have seen and or heard. But I am so new to this mod business. Plus with not having a huge budget, I just want to get to best mod for the money. Thanks all...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts