TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased a '95 supercoupe that has a Superchip in it. When I stop at a light, it idles really high for a 30-45 seconds then finally settles down. When driving, it goes like I have the pedal patially pressed down. I have checked the TPS, and no codes are thrown, I suspect the chip, but it is virtually welded into the computer. Any advice, hear of this before ??

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
Could be a vacumm leak. I don't think it's the chip, but advise to take it out because it gets beter performance in the wrong way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn't vacuum leak keep the idle level up all the time ? Yes, have been trying to take it out all afternoon without tearing up the computer, I suspect lot's of epoxy was used

·
Registered
45 Posts
sounds like the throttle body blade is not closing all of the way, or possibly the TPS. But if you checked the TPS, I would take a look at the TB itself. Does not sound like a chip related problem. If you were having a chip conectivity problem you would be getting all kind of crazy idle problems and a CE light. Check the TB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts