TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Revell has once again re-released another MN12 car...again...as a low rider. (Remember, Revell made the 89, and 92 XR7 Cat, and 89 and 92 S/C, 89 being the anniv. Ed. i think?) Yes, as a low rider. Revell just recently reissued the 92 XR7 as a low rider. (I have it, but its torn apart, used for parts on a Mustang kit.....) Now, revell has rerelased their 92 Super Coupe Kit (either june or july, i forget?!). Yay. Being an avid model builder, needles to say, im quite excited, considering all thats left of my S/C model is the dashboard. Anyone else build one? :rolleyes:

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
I've got a 90 and 92 SC model (92 is built and the 90 is still in the original package. As far as I know, Revell made an 89, 90, 91, and 92 SC model and a 90, 91, and 92 Cougar model. I think the 92 Cougar was re-released as a lowrider and the 92 SC has been re-released?

If I think about it, I'll get my 92 model and take a picture. I'm thinking about tracking down 91 or 92 model and trying to make it look like my 'Bird. I might make that my winter project :D

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, kinda sucks the did them as low riders. Lucklily the cougar (dunno if the S/C will) came with the stock wheels. I just had to hunt down a pair of GoodYear Eagle VR45's (what would have came in the box if not lowrider..)

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
look in your phonebook for hobby shops, For e-stores, check out

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?postid=578983#post578983

I can personally vouch for modelexpress.net. They are really great. They carry the XR7 right now (sorry, no S/C's). I ordered an old McLaren Mustang from them, it was missing some parts. I told them. Not only did they refund my money, but i got to keep what was left of the model... :D

While your over their, check out

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1157

and look for my latest creation. My 94 Impala SS Turbo LS1. :eek:

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Even though it's being built as a lowrider, can't it also be built as 'stock'?

I've seen what happened to the 92 Cougar model when they turned it into a lowrider - :zpuke: .

Would never build a car to look like that.

·
13's or Mildly Broken
2,670 Posts
Check E-bay for the models as well. I've seen them go for $15-20 most of the time.

-Andy "Melon"

·
Registered
166 Posts
For those that haven't seen it, I messed around awhile back and put together a webpage with info about MN12 models. Be sure to check out the page of builts.

MN12 model kits

enjoy!

'bird

1 - 11 of 11 Posts