TCCoA Forums banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,278 Posts
I've been looking at adjustable perches on Summit; anyone know of a source for STEEL adjustments?

I'm afraid the aluminum spring adjuster will give under the sport springs. I can machine a spacer to fit our springs.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I can see QA1 right on the side of the spring.... I think I'm going to eventually go the same route on the front. Very nice setup.... How have you liked them so far?

·
Super Moderator
10,278 Posts
... I think I'm going to eventually go the same route on the front...
The only issue with those shocks shows in the photo; The bottom mount is custom for our cars. :(

I tried to find the guys that made the GP a few years back and couldn't, I hope you have better luck. :) Or know better people than I do.

I'd buy a set. :)

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
I would be up for a group purchase on coilovers. has anyone tried to adapt a set of bc coilovers? Im assuming not, because I would have probably heard about it. the biggest problem I'd imagine wouldn't be the mounting (there are plenty of cars with lower mounts like thunderbirds, 350zs for instance), I would presume that finding the proper spring rate and shock valving would be the issue. That being said, It is possible. However, getting a company to work with you on it would be much more challenging due to the severe lack of market - the reason why we cant have anything nice.

also, My konis are already leaking, and I have had them for less than a year and maybe 3-5000 miles of driving although I'm pretty sure it has been less than that.

·
Super Moderator
11,855 Posts
I would be up for a group purchase on coilovers. has anyone tried to adapt a set of bc coilovers? Im assuming not, because I would have probably heard about it. the biggest problem I'd imagine wouldn't be the mounting (there are plenty of cars with lower mounts like thunderbirds, 350zs for instance), I would presume that finding the proper spring rate and shock valving would be the issue. That being said, It is possible. However, getting a company to work with you on it would be much more challenging due to the severe lack of market - the reason why we cant have anything nice.

also, My konis are already leaking, and I have had them for less than a year and maybe 3-5000 miles of driving although I'm pretty sure it has been less than that.
:tongue: :rolleyes: Driving or Drifting? LOL

3-5000 miles of Drifting = 100,000 + miles of HARD driving.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
calling Denny at D & D Race Technologies 320-629-4769 and get another GP done for the QA1's. He's the one that did the original gp.
STOP ASKING ME ABOUT THESE IM NOT SELLING THEM IM NOT DOING A GP, IM NOT IN CHARGE OF ANYTHING. IM JUST SUPPLYING THE PHONE NUMBER TO THE GUY THAT DID THEM IN THE PAST. CALL DENNY STOP BUGGING ME ABOUT THEM.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I can see QA1 right on the side of the spring.... I think I'm going to eventually go the same route on the front. Very nice setup.... How have you liked them so far?
don,
i like mine a lot, you can really tell the difference between the soft and hard sides. i havent really been able to dial in what exact setting works the best for me, just havent had enough runs with them.

·
Resident drifter
649 Posts
:tongue: :rolleyes: Driving or Drifting? LOL

3-5000 miles of Drifting = 100,000 + miles of HARD driving.
3 drift events and maybe 3000 miles of regular driving. I really like the shocks, but im not sure whats up with the leaking. I've also noticed that it seems like the adjustment in the rear is different between the two shocks. basically if it takes 2.5 turns on one side soft to full, it takes 2.25 turns on the other....strange

alrighty then, calling Denny at D & D Race Technologies 320-629-4769 and get another GP done for the QA1's. He's the one that did the original gp.
seriously, Ill buy a set

·
PostSlut
13,597 Posts
don,
i like mine a lot, you can really tell the difference between the soft and hard sides. i havent really been able to dial in what exact setting works the best for me, just havent had enough runs with them.
Like Vic said, I like them a bunch too....but have also not had a lot runs with them yet.

·
Super Moderator
10,278 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
alrighty then, calling Denny at D & D Race Technologies 320-629-4769 and get another GP done for the QA1's. He's the one that did the original gp.
What's the approximate cost going to be, and is this for all 4, or just the front two?

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
What's the approximate cost going to be, and is this for all 4, or just the front two?
for you, ten billion thousand dollars.

how the heck do i know, im not selling them, im not making them. im sure as hell not setting up a gp for them. i have nothing to do with them other then i own a set.

call denny at the number listed in the post NOT ME

·
Registered
737 Posts
for you, ten billion thousand dollars.

how the heck do i know, im not selling them, im not making them. im sure as hell not setting up a gp for them. i have nothing to do with them other then i own a set.

call denny at the number listed in the post NOT ME
Oh, you are in soooo much trouble now. I am indeed going to call you. I am sooo going to call you. In fact, I am going to give you sooo much of a phone call that I've hired the entire Wells Fargo call center in Beaverton, Oregon to also call you; Collections, Customer Retention, Subliminations, Credit Card Services....you get the picture.

They're all going to call you now. At the same time. Only one will get through, of course, but my heinous plan, in addition to using up corporate recourses to engage in a prank call, is to create the world's biggest busy signal....

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Oh, you are in soooo much trouble now. I am indeed going to call you. I am sooo going to call you. In fact, I am going to give you sooo much of a phone call that I've hired the entire Wells Fargo call center in Beaverton, Oregon to also call you; Collections, Customer Retention, Subliminations, Credit Card Services....you get the picture.

They're all going to call you now. At the same time. Only one will get through, of course, but my heinous plan, in addition to using up corporate recourses to engage in a prank call, is to create the world's biggest busy signal....

LoL

Yea call Denny over there and see if they will set something up.

·
Premium Member
5,862 Posts
Yeh, VR, how many difference sizes of these do you have? :D You, Denny, Lenny, and whoever...

·
Registered
737 Posts
21 - 40 of 40 Posts