TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys! I hung in there as long as I could for HP Performance to complete this project. Effective immediately I have cancelled the project for the Supercoupe.

HP Performance will be granting my wish for a full refund and delivering my car back to me.

Jimmy from HP has expressed is still promising that there will be a kit eventually for the Supercoupe, so I am sure you guys that are still interested will have the oppourtunity.

I wish I had better news but that is all.

·
Sheepish
4,085 Posts
Maxfootius said:
y would they make a turbo kit for a supercharged car...
More power, especially the ability to exceed the limits of the M90 blower.

·
Sweet T
3,452 Posts
Maxfootius said:
yea but y dont they make one for 4.6 it would be hella better

Have you looked under the hood of a 4.6? Have fun routing the turbo piping. Also, there are a few Turbo 4.6 T-Birds, but the only one that I /know/ of that posts here is the owner of the site, as you've found out. His turbo is mounted under the rear bumper though.

And as far as a turbo kit for the 4.6 "hella" better... heh. Well.. first off, the SC's basically came with a forged bottom end from the factory. The 4.6? Not so much. Sure you can probably get away with low boost levels for a while, but it's a matter of when, not if, you're gunna destroy a piston. Powdered metal is not the stuff to make performance pistons out of. Guess what? The 4.6 uses powdered metal rods!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Maxfootius said:
yea but y dont they make one for 4.6 it would be hella better
well why dont you go ahead and donate your car and $5k, and maybe theyll actually do it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts