1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
955 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
I agree, it's an expensive V6, but if your a V6 fanatic as I am then it's just closer to the top of the line.
I'd do it if I had the $

·
Registered
955 Posts
I agree, it's an expensive V6, but if your a V6 fanatic as I am then it's just closer to the top of the line.
I'd do it if I had the $
oh i agree completely, i just realized all the extra BS that went with the SSM V6 and probably would have had more fun with a carb set up..... thats what im planning for my SC.... 460ci BB:D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ford Short Block

It Looks Good And Those Numbers Are Impressive. That's Some Pricey Stuff Though. I Wonder How Fast That Will Go On Wheels.

·
Registered
955 Posts
ILL let you know soon..

·
Registered
142 Posts
Let me know

I've been staring at the last message for a coupla days now and it has just dawned on me. yea, let me know how fast you can get that sucker going. i'd like to know what kinda numbers you can get with a kit like that. 10 sec. cars? what? better? maybe 9 sec. cars?:)

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Is there anyone out there with a 9 sec thunderbird lol

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
I've been staring at the last message for a coupla days now and it has just dawned on me. yea, let me know how fast you can get that sucker going. i'd like to know what kinda numbers you can get with a kit like that. 10 sec. cars? what? better? maybe 9 sec. cars?:)
There are some impressive times being run by V6 fords. Not MN-12's, but there is potential if you want to work on it:
http://www.v6power.net/portal/timeslips/

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
thats alot of coin when you could have an 11 second car with a windsor engine for that much

·
Registered
142 Posts
uh yeah.

Is there anyone out there with a 9 sec thunderbird lol
I once read an article in 5.0 mustang or muscle mustang & fast fords about a guy who put together a 6 sec thunderbird, but not with the same block. he supposedly used a ford hemi engine (that is if you can really get one). but yeah, this was an all out race car and not a street car. you can check him out on their web page by searching thunderbird. i was pretty impressed, but then again it wasn't even a street/strip car but a whole different machine. :boom: :gotsearch

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Drivable, street legal car, no. I think the best we have as of now is low 10's. In a few years, I do believe there will be a few in the 9's
I expect to get real close this coming weekend with my 93.

David

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Well if we can get the new head program and the new intake manifold program officially running....we'll have some TRULY kick A$$ SC's. And we might be able to see the TRUE benefits of the AR and the MPX blowers on the SC's

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
Drivable, street legal car, no. I think the best we have as of now is low 10's. In a few years, I do believe there will be a few in the 9's

Matt's got the fastest v6 mustang recorded and his is a daily driver lol. He runs high 9's. So yes, driveable, street legal, and runs 9's.
-Thomas

1 - 20 of 24 Posts