Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
10,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Super Moderator
16,833 Posts
You can experience it now, all of the episodes are on youtube, I watched a few tonight :tongue:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FzD01Hu1nPs?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Automobile Catalog is a fairly thorough source of information. AC lists your Cougar as 3666 lbs (without a driver). That's 20 lbs lighter than the 1996 model, but 22 pounds heavier than a 1997 T-Bird. The V8 carries a 139 lb penalty over the V6.

...according to the site's data.

I ...
Awesome Web Site!!!

I'll check it out tonight ..... '92 Sport 3686 lbs.

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Oh my how have tv shows have changed concept structure and content.
That's for sure! I'd like to go off on a tirade here but I risk running into the No political discussions allowed here rule.

In a nutshell the P.C. police rule the airwaves. Fortunately there's online and cable content that isn't strictly regulated by the FCC and the P.C. police.

Which, IMHO is why many people are now "cord cutters".

·
Registered
251 Posts
Oh my how have tv shows have changed concept structure and content.

In a nutshell the P.C. police rule the airwaves. Fortunately there's online and cable content that isn't strictly regulated by the FCC and the P.C. police.

Which, IMHO is why many people are now "cord cutters".
Cord cutters meaning using a computer or device to get their desired tv? That's a interesting looking website you posted the link to. I plan on checking it out when I have a lil more time.

Soo.. have you heard about the fcc I believe trying to sell the Internet or in other words privatize it.correct me if my facts aren't factual haha. Like you said TV is controlled by those who shall not be named,however the Internet is the wild wild west but with less regulation. I try and tell my peers that there is a huge difference between information and knowledge because my generation seem to mix this up immensely. Just my thoughts and cents on the subject

·
Super Moderator
10,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You missed the best decade. The best music, movies, and tv shows
Which one? :)

TV in the 60's was cool; I was the same height as the TV... Batman, Star Trek, Dragnet was new... Hawaii 5-0...
Everything was in black and white until '68, even if it said, "In Color!" at the bottom...
Oh, and the Guy from the MTV commercial was actually walking around on the Moon. :grin2:

TV in the 70's was good; Laugh-In... Smothers Brothers... Mannix, Rockford, Clint Eastwood... SNL, Love American Style, OG BSG, Wheel of Fortune... Buck Rogers...

TV in the 80's; Police Squad... SledgeHammer...Married W Children... Night Court... Magnum PI... Trek:TNG... In Living Color... Seinfeld... Simpsons... Moonlighting... Cheers... The Fall Guy...

TV in the 90's: Friends... X-Files... Buffy... Home Improvement... Melrose Place... Ren&Stimpy... ER... Xena...

Since then it's pretty much South Park, Futurama, and "How it's Made". :grin2:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Which one? :)

TV in the 60's was cool; I was the same height as the TV... Batman, Star Trek, Dragnet was new... Hawaii 5-0...
Everything was in black and white until '68, even if it said, "In Color!" at the bottom...
Oh, and the Guy from the MTV commercial was actually walking around on the Moon. :grin2:

TV in the 70's was good; Laugh-In... Smothers Brothers... Mannix, Rockford, Clint Eastwood... SNL, Love American Style, OG BSG, Wheel of Fortune... Buck Rogers...

TV in the 80's; Police Squad... SledgeHammer...Married W Children... Night Court... Magnum PI... Trek:TNG... In Living Color... Seinfeld... Simpsons... Moonlighting... Cheers... The Fall Guy...

TV in the 90's: Friends... X-Files... Buffy... Home Improvement... Melrose Place... Ren&Stimpy... ER... Xena...

Since then it's pretty much South Park, Futurama, and "How it's Made". :grin2:
I talking about the 80's
Knight rider, chips , Dukes of hazard , tour of duty, air wolf, a team,

·
Super Moderator
16,833 Posts
I was obsessed with Knight Rider as a kid but my god is that painful to watch today. KITT was the only convincing actor on the show!

Dukes is similarly bad, it jumped the shark... and creek... and barn... and police cars.... and buildings.... and trucks.... and trains... pretty early on. The first season where it was filmed in Georgia was good though, but the rest of the series it devolved into the basic "This week anonymous goons are going to steal and/or sabotage _____, who have an uneasy alliance with Boss Hog who seeks to gain _____, only to inexplicably get the Duke boys involved to thwart the plan by jumping the General Lee over _____ and shooting bow and arrow bombs on green screen in a non lethal manner.

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
Wow! We missed a turn somewhere ... I'll split this talk of old TV shows out into its own thread later.

My favorites of the 70's were M*A*S*H, Hogans Heroes and the original Battlestar Galactica. But the epitome of 70's TV has to be All in the Family, Fat Albert, The Jeffersons, The Muppet Show, The Carol Burnett Show and Welcome Back, Kotter.

Funny story. We were on a job when Horshack died and I mentioned the fact to the engineers in the room. They were all very saddened. Then the young E.I.T. chimes in and asks "Who's Horshack?" We all had a good laugh over that one.

Long lived the Original Muppets!

·
Premium Member
316 Posts
I was a huge fan of KOJAK , POLICE STORY (Best cop show ever !!), Colombo , Starsky and Hutch , Barney Miller , TAXI (not sure if thats 80's )All in the family ... really good shows

·
Super Moderator
10,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Super Moderator
11,928 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts