TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well recently i got notice in mail that my lincense will be suspende for 3 months for 3 speeding ticket. Does anyone know what will happend if i get caught driving in illinois with a suspended lincense.

·
MN12 Fanatic
1,459 Posts
You aren't planning on driving without a license are you????

I hope not! I'd be willing to bet that the outcome won't be good!

:eek:

·
Registered
514 Posts
more than likely you will get arrested your car will be impounded and you will have to go to court and pay a rediculous fine, pay $500 to get your car outta impound, then your License will be suspended for about another year....

dont ask how i know all that lets just say that i was a dumb teenager once!!!!

oh yeah and your insurance will go up for the next 4 years too!

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
95baggedbird said:
Well recently i got notice in mail that my lincense will be suspende for 3 months for 3 speeding ticket. Does anyone know what will happend if i get caught driving in illinois with a suspended lincense.
They'll hang you up by your short and curlies in town square. Not smart to do.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
get a lawyer! they can make it all go away

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
if you drive you wont pass go and you will go directly to JAIL your car will get impounded and if its like any impound yards around me all your nice personal stuff will be promtly removed and sold on the black market.

why the hell didnt you go to driving school???? it would take thoes off your record and you wouldnt be in the situation your in.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
i am telling you get a lawyer, its costs coin but its off your record and you dont have high risk insurance, been there done that.

·
Registered
680 Posts
In MI you'll be thrown in jail, and there is a minimum sentence now.

You also may never be given the privelidge to drive again.

The only way you may regain the privelidge is by going in front of the secretary of state, a board of nazi people review your file, and tell you no, and you get to come back and see the same people to try again, but only once per year.

They are not impartial, and they don't have to answer to the courts or anyone.

The best policy is to attempt to rule out any scenerio where you might have to answer to the police or courts, basically try not to do anything wrong. This doesn't garauntee that won't still mess with you, or try to screw up your life, but there is enough to go wrong in life without throwing caution to the wind.

Once your in their grips, you my find out how rediculous some laws are, and you may start to feel you have very little rights.

At some point I will be moving out of the state of Michigan, and I'm not shy to share, in large part due to the laws and goverment here.

Although not many, there are worse states as well.

And no, I did not get caught driving on a suspended.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
(cough) IL!

·
Registered
680 Posts
jk89cat said:
(cough) IL!

Yeah I hope they are not as bad, but unfortunately I doubt they are alot different!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Illinois

Depending on the county you will go to jail. $215 bond which doesnt include your fine later down the road. Car will be towed. They may then revoke your license.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Man, dont risk it. When the Ranger was wrecked, a new system had just been put into place and the driver ended up not having a full license. It was a freakin mess, took me two months of fighting with the insurance/licensing department (its the same) just to get them to cover us. ( I had no idea it had changed) It is not worth taking a chance. In the end it cost me 200 deductible, and I lost a ****load on the settlement for the truck. And she got stuck with a surcharge on her license, and its on her driving record.

·
Registered
744 Posts
it may take some court time, and i wouldn't know your state laws, but you might be able to get a liceanse/permit to drive strickly to work.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
tomaso12 said:
it may take some court time, and i wouldn't know your state laws, but you might be able to get a liceanse/permit to drive strickly to work.
Yeah, most places usually try not and make you a non tax paying citizen if at all possible. Spend the money and get a lawyer.
I have a friend that did not listen to that advice when he got his license suspended for speeding. He then got caught driving on a suspended license. They took his license away for 5 years that time. He got caught again and it was gone for life. After that, he got in an accident that was not his fault and went to jail and is still on house arrest wearing that stupid little ankle thing.
He has a criminal record, has spent time in jail, has no job and will never be able to leagally drive again.
All because of speeding and claiming that he didn't have the money for a lawyer.
Don't think it can't happen to you. The first time he got caught he was driving less than a mile to get cigarettes and had a license plate lamp out. The second time he got pulled over in one of those seatbelt check things that they do. Neither time was it because he was doing anything like speeding or a moving violation. Then he gets hit and the sh*t really hit the fan. 3rd time offender law. Go directly to jail.
I am not making any of this up. His name is Donnie and you can talk to him if you want. He can fill you in on all the rest of the stupidity. Its even worse than I am describing it to be.
Get a lawyer. It will be cheaper in the end and save you a lot of trouble.
Darrin

·
Registered
514 Posts
Teeps said:
In MI you'll be thrown in jail, and there is a minimum sentence now.

You also may never be given the privelidge to drive again.

The only way you may regain the privelidge is by going in front of the secretary of state, a board of nazi people review your file, and tell you no, and you get to come back and see the same people to try again, but only once per year.

Once your in their grips, you my find out how rediculous some laws are, and you may start to feel you have very little rights.

At some point I will be moving out of the state of Michigan, and I'm not shy to share, in large part due to the laws and goverment here.

Although not many, there are worse states as well.

And no, I did not get caught driving on a suspended.
and thats part of the reason that i moved to Ohio!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts