TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed this before but I found a pic from yesterday's track event that really shows it well.

Supposedly the IRS setup is not as prone to torque the chassis as much as a solid axle. I have subframe braces, front K-member braces, pinion brace, rear torsion brace, rear cover brace and a rear shock tower brace. New solid motor mounts were installed last year. Tire pressures are religiously checked at the track. Air suspension is shut off at park height.

What am I missing? :confused:

·
Registered
871 Posts
soft shocks? bad sping?? Just throwing ideas out there where to look

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You keep torqueing to the left. Stop it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Looking at the picture, I don"t see the problem. Your chassis is always going to move a little when an engine is bolted to it at WOT. 350+ foot pounds of torque at the crank shaft = 350+ transmitted from the block to the chassis. Is it causing a problem?

·
Super Moderator
12,642 Posts
Agreed. I don't see any problem except that your front wheels are still on the ground. :D A set of skinnies should help with that. Oh, and that guy on the left has a really dumb look on his face, you should replace him too.

What exactly were you thinking is a problem? Chassis torque? It sounds like you've got it firmed up nicely. I don't think you're missing anything.

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
"Barbells" are what I call the front wheels, LOL. :D

After further study, it has been concluded nothing is "wrong" and the camera angle is responsible for exaggerating any visible chassis twist.

The dumb look is purely a disquise meant to deceive my opponent. :tongue:

·
Super Moderator
12,642 Posts
LOL, actually I was referring to the track staff guy standing on the left. But, yea, now that I look again the guy behind the wheel has a dumb look too. Great, deceptive, poker face!

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
I was looking for the pic of the Mustang with the serious body twist that someone posted in one of the recurring 5.4 threads; That looked awesome, but would be hard to deal with.

Your Mark looks great!

·
Registered
871 Posts
whos bird is that in the back? It looks pretty nice

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
443 Posts
what size slicks you runnin? mine are 8.5x26x15 on stock t-bird fan blades

·
Registered
443 Posts
ok, thanks, I came across this thread while searching for a solid 8.8 axle setup, and I noticed they looked bigger than mine. You know anything about a solid axle setup? I never really found anything on it for our cars, only mustangs. Thanks

·
Registered
443 Posts
lol, for ride quality, the irs is better, a guy from mod depot said if if put serious power to the car, i needed a solid setup if I planned on racing it often with slicks. the car has 270,000 miles, so i'm sure it would take much to break it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts