TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got to drive my SC after putting in Eibach springs and the front/rear suspension poly bushings from SCP and wow what a difference! Granted these cars just look way better lowered, but the handling is waaaaay better. Body roll is reduced and it feels crisper and in a way, fells smaller when going through corners. All of this at hardly any sacrifice for ride. It doesn't float as much as it did which is good and bad. But if you want your MN-12 to handle, this is a great upgrade! You can DIY but it will take quite a bit of time.
One question, has anybody done the bushings on the rear antiroll bar? I can feel how soft they are even when the bar is still on and all. I'm thinking about tightening up the rear a bit more and was thinking about this. But Im' worried if I do more, I'll hurt my ride. Any imput?

·
8,239 Posts
go for the oem bushings, i'm not sure if the bushings are sold seperately, you might have to buy the entire swaybar endlink, and replace that entire piece.

Its cake to replace the rear endlinks.

Now talk to Johnny Langton about a full chassis bracing kit, it will be night and day better over even what you have.

Non-tbird people have no clue how amazing these cars handle, and you can really turn them into a serious canyon carver with a few bucks.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
http://www.mn12performance.com/mn12parts/rear-swaybar-kit/RSK.html
You can get just th bushings without having to get the whole bar which is nice. Plus for $33US, that's nothing. And it is something that anybody who has a jack and some basic tools can do. Might just be ny next suspension upgrade.
For sure these cars handle amazing. I mean the IRS on these cars is basically what Ford put on the Cobra. And then when you consider their size and weight, the engineers really did their homework in setting it up well.
My only concern is going too far. As much as I love how well it handles, one of the things I love the most is how comfortable it is. You can drive all day and you'll be relaxed. I just don't want to sacrifice any of that.
Quick edit: I also replaced the rear spring isolators with poly ones. I am VERY glad I did. Both were worn right through on the bottom. Totally not good. Now the back end isn't sitting a cm or two lower than the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts