TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, got both upper a-arm/ball joint units changed on my 95 tbird today only to find out that the anti-sway bar end links were also ruined, but i dont have enough money this week to get the pieces to replace them. Maybe when I get paid friday.

·
Banned
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i only drove the car 140 miles to my workplace, now they will be sitting. also, changed the trans pan gasket and filter and it is still leaking like crazy, but only when parked.. I never see it smoking or smell it leaking when driving it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
same here, i'm about to get a new gasket to see how that works. I also need new main seals for my engine tho..

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I just replaced the endlinks, and passanger UCA on my car. Tomorrow I'll be doing the drivers UCA. Common parts to fail. www.rockauto.com is where I get my parts from and it's 99% of the time cheaper for the same parts than the store. Plus, no sales tax, and a 5% discount all over the internet.

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Check the tailshaft bushing/seal at the rear of the transmission; they leak a bunch when they go.

Vibration can make the tailshaft extension bolts loose; I thought that was the pan at first.

These transmissions do not like being chronically low on fluid; it kills them in about two months.

·
Banned
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You sure its not the O ring for the Dipstick tube ?

I thought about that and will also be checking that before it comes out just to be on the safe side..

I will probably just go ahead and buy a brand new dipstick and tube for it so I can be certain the old tube isnt bent or cracked.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
I thought about that and will also be checking that before it comes out just to be on the safe side..

I will probably just go ahead and buy a brand new dipstick and tube for it so I can be certain the old tube isnt bent or cracked.
If it is the dipstick tube leaking, it is probably just the O ring .. if you pull it out, fluid will come out of the hole, so make sure the fluid level is low. Usually this can be fixed by cleaning the surfaces and RTV .. but a new O ring or tube would be ideal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts