TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says... A coupl of weeks ago, I ripped my Achilles tendon almost in half.
On my right foot. I'm out for the rest of the summer at least. Imight be able to go to the mn12 nats in September, but I don't know yet. I already took my rims off because it doesn't make sense to sit the chrome. I'd rather just keep them in the garage...
Wasting away in the garage...again.

·
Registered
974 Posts
what size are the rims in the pic that your sig links too?? they look incredably big....hope ya feel better man

·
Administrator
4,161 Posts
Man, I tore both my achilles in 2003. I tore the right in February and the left in June. I know how you feel. It's the most painful thing I've ever felt. The main thing I can tell you is to make it heal. :D As soon as you can stand the pain, push and pull in and out inside your cast. I wound up cracking all three of my casts on the bottom. I would flex back and forth pretty darned hard by the 4th or 5th week. Ask to go to one of the nice ankle immobilization boots after the 4th week or so. That will let you at least shower normally and get out of the stupid cast. For the first 2-3 weeks after you go to that, you'll still have to use your crutches, but it will make life much better overall.

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
Saint, Thats terrible, sorry to hear that happend

sorry to hear you will be out for most of the summer, i dont know how often ill be around because ill be moving to ohio this weekend for the next 2 years. but you just stay comfortable at home and relax

1 - 5 of 5 Posts