TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering where I can get an SVO blower. Is it a FRPP product? And how much does it cost? Cause someone on here said thay had an SVO blower and some other mods and ran a 12.9 on a stock motor.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
Any FRPP dealer can get one for you. Cost new is roughly 3k and change for the blower and install kit. RobertP has one on his and has run in the 12's. I have yet to run mine on the track.

·
MaleWhore
2,640 Posts
whats the max boost that a stock engine can handle with one of those on top?

·
Boost Happy
1,971 Posts
molisher said:
Will it bolt directly to my engine? or do I have to get a bunch of 1996-1997 things?
you have to get a few things from the 96-97 starting with the 96 lines and fuel rail egr valve and the tube iac intake tube tbody cable some other things that cant think of right now i installed a svo blower on a 96 saleen last year it was pretty simple .
smokymance there is guys running about 8psi with the svo but thats with a stock
engine you could run more or less if you dont care how long your engine lasts and you have other plans if i know then what i know now i would do things different.

Jurgen

·
Refrigerator Raider Hater
11,719 Posts
FunktasticLucky said:
I think 8... most say run I believe 5lbs. but I think its 5-8lbs on any forced induction without a forged bottom end.
It's not a physical limit, more a limit because the blower becomes so inefficient. If you had some type of water/meth injection, and/or race gas, you could up the boost.

·
02 Explorer Pioneer
2,880 Posts
I have been running an SVO at 6 psi on a stock explorer block for 80,000 miles now.

·
Whining Intakes Rock
3,645 Posts
molisher said:
Will it bolt directly to my engine? or do I have to get a bunch of 1996-1997 things?
http://forums.tccoa.com/showthread.php?t=75142

I did mine on a 94. Jurgen mentioned a few things. You'll also need a cruise control cable, MAF, reprogram your computer, do a minor hatchet job to your hood to clear the alternator, modify the 96/97 fuel rail to replace one of the fuel crossover hoses with the one that comes in the kit and an ACT sensor from a lightning. You could go to the extreme that I did and re-wire your engine harness. I bought mine used and it was missing some stuff.

You'll want to change your fuel pump to a 190 or a 255 lph also.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts