TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Looks awesome, dude!

I especially like the beautiful paint under the hood and all.

But especially with the Soon-to-be-departed Rusty Stock drive shafts.

With those numbers, I foresee axle upgrades in your future. And that's a good thing, lol.

Nice Car!

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
This is you!

I've seen your car posted on one of the Ford or TCCoA / MN12 / FN10 Facebook pages recently. Looks totally awesome man! Didn't know all the work that went into it. Definitely extensive. Definitely awesome.

What seats are those? I like them a lot!

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Congrats! Welcome to the SVO Club!

I love those seats. Tell me about them. Brand, model, price, where you got them from, etc.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks awesome, dude!
I especially like the beautiful paint under the hood and all.
But especially with the Soon-to-be-departed Rusty Stock drive shafts.With those numbers, I foresee axle upgrades in your future. And that's a good thing, lol.Nice Car!
Thanks Grog6! And don’t worry I have a set of super Coupe axle shafts sitting on my shelf for when the stock ones decide they have had enough lol

·
Super Moderator
11,017 Posts
Thanks Grog6! And don’t worry I have a set of super Coupe axle shafts sitting on my shelf for when the stock ones decide they have had enough lol
That was the only thing that didn't look completely new; I started to say something about that but I realized, those probably weren't worth painting, lol.

TM twisted one of his, without breaking it; just watch out for wheel bounce, and you'll be fine.

That's a beautiful build. :)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is you!

I've seen your car posted on one of the Ford or TCCoA / MN12 / FN10 Facebook pages recently. Looks totally awesome man! Didn't know all the work that went into it. Definitely extensive. Definitely awesome.

What seats are those? I like them a lot!
Thanks man! Yea I’ve posted my progress mostly on tccoa on fb page. I’ve been working on it for almost a year (tearing it apart and putting it back together) lots of work and no corners were cut! All that’s left is a little body work and paint I plan to do this fall/ winter. And these seats I got on eBay, but I think they are very similar to the basic ones from jegs.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Congrats! Welcome to the SVO Club!

I love those seats. Tell me about them. Brand, model, price, where you got them from, etc.
Thanks trunk monkey! So these seats I found on eBay they were not a brand name, but I believe the model name was type R... but from what I’ve scene they look very similar to the jegs Racing seats.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That was the only thing that didn't look completely new; I started to say something about that but I realized, those probably weren't worth painting, lol.

TM twisted one of his, without breaking it; just watch out for wheel bounce, and you'll be fine.

That's a beautiful build. :)
Yea I didn’t bother painting them lol I was going to put the sc shafts in right away but I figured i might as well use these and have the sc shafts as a good back up!

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Thanks trunk monkey! So these seats I found on eBay they were not a brand name, but I believe the model name was type R... but from what I’ve scene they look very similar to the jegs Racing seats.
They look a lot like the Cerullo XR Sport seats: XR Seat ? Cerullo Seats

I've had my eye on the XR3 seats without the racing harness holes in the top for years: XR3 Seat ? Cerullo Seats

Either way, great racing bucket seats. I bet they're a lot lighter than the stock seats.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
They look a lot like the Cerullo XR Sport seats: XR Seat ? Cerullo Seats

I've had my eye on the XR3 seats without the racing harness holes in the top for years: XR3 Seat ? Cerullo Seats

Either way, great racing bucket seats. I bet they're a lot lighter than the stock seats.
Yea they do look very similar.. I like those xr3’s without the holes in them! And yes like you said they are wayy lighter than stock for sure! And they are pretty comfortable.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Can't wait to see it in person!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Some more updates on bird since I last posted, beefy poly diff mount, rear torsional load brace, and rear pinion brace. Install was easy, 2.5” duals were a bit tight but it all worked out!

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Where did you get those IRS braces? I love them! Can you get me a set? 😀

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Thanks I'l check them out.

Reactions: Paulyrats

·
Administrator
8,213 Posts
Did you get the rear torsional load brace from him also? The one I've seen on the website was boxier than that. I got one from Johnny years ago but can't use it now with the Tru-Benz exhaust system.

Never mind, I just checked his site and see it now. My system hangs a little lower than stock plus I have the ball and socket setup for the pipes there so I don't thing this would work either.

Joe

1 - 20 of 23 Posts