TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I got the svo bird dyoned today! But she’s still too hot... right now it’s at 11 degrees and iat’s are at 200, gonna spray some more meth and see what happens hoping to get iat’s down to 160.

·
Super Moderator
11,872 Posts
What size meth injector are you using?

I want to say my larger injector is 14 or 15 psi and the smaller one is 5 psi. Try that combination with the larger one spraying from the bottom and the smaller one spraying 90 degrees off of that from the side.

I'm running into the same problem ITA temps are crazy high this time of year. I'm working on getting a larger radiator to cool the engine to eliminate some of that heat. Check out the FLUIDYNE Group buy that I'm working on.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So right now I’m spraying a single 375 ml/min nozzle... I was going to step it up to a single 625 ml/min but i don’t have a progressive kit, it’s set up right now to spray full on under any boost.. I’ve been informed the 625ml nozzle may be too much without a progressive kit and cause quenching. (The 625 ml/min is about equivalent to a 14gal/hr nozzle)

·
Super Moderator
11,872 Posts
Mine is not progressive either. What size pulley do you have on the blower? I'm running a 3.0" blower pulley and a 10% OD Harmonic damper pulley. With the current engine I'm at about 9 lbs of boost.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m running the 3.0 “ pulley also and according to my gauge it’s at about 9 lbs boost too. This is also a stock npi motor if that makes any difference...

·
Super Moderator
11,872 Posts
On my previous engine - built bottom end and TF heads (9.5:1 compression ratio) - the OD pulley with the 3" blower pulley put me at about 13 lbs of boost.

Try starting out with the 625 ml/min nozzle if that doesn't quench the engine try adding the smaller 5lb injector. You should be fine with adding a small second meth injector. Try it and see if it makes a difference - but only after testing the 625 ml/min injector first.

Call RobertP to discuss. He can confirm tune settings for that configuration. He's the master of setting these engines up with Meth injection.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome I already ordered a 625 ml nozzle so I’ll try
that and then I’ll talk to Robert p.. thanks man!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts