TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remember seeing an article on an SVT Thunderbird. I tried searching the forums and found nothing. Anyone have a link to the article?

·
8,239 Posts
the closest thing i've seen to one was Alex Baynard's SVT clone, its really well done, its a 4v motor with a eaton blower.

·
Who is John Galt?
6,476 Posts
does anyone have the old FRPP 2002 catalog, the T-bird modeling the cobra wheels, is it safe to assume that's a picture of the SVT bird? it looks identical to the one in that article.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
the article said they crushed 3 out of 4. then after the hot rod magazine tour the last one would make it to a lucky yard's smelter. did they go through with murdering this awesome tbird or was it saved?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
the pic in the frpp catalog is alex baynards car. SVT had one of the last SVE cars in storage for awhile, last i heard it was finally crushed. roush had one for awhile not sure what happened to that one.

and its not, never has been, and never will be a SVT thunderbird, it never made it to the special vehicle team (SVT) It was always in the special vehicle engeneering stage, never made it out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts