TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I found a set of SVT Contour mufflers for cheap with tips still attached. I rather like the way they look but I wanted to be sure they flowed better than stock tbird mufflers.

Also, what kind of hacksaw is best to cut through exhaust pipes?

Best,
Ghost

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Got pics?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

This better?

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
Yea! now you got me curious! :D

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, it's $22.99 for the both of them. I'll spend the $23 for the tips I guess and find out how they sound-- there's no way they can be more restrictive than stock tbird mufflers.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, tips cost more than $22.99; in my last thread here the mufflers were listed as being one of the bigger restrictions.

Again, the object is to free up flow without making the car drone or overly loud-- I want the car to stay quiet so it doesn't draw any more attention than necessary.

Care to fill me in on the bigger restrictions?

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So, theoretically then, I could simply leave the mufflers STOCK (and maybe put some tips on them... by the way, should the resonator stay or go?) and run 2.5" true duals to the stock mufflers and experience a gain in power?

·
motor city poster
2,029 Posts
correct on assuming flow for mufflers...many of mustang guys run an off-road h or x pipe but keep factory mufflers to keep them somewhat quiet but it is still plenty noisy with no cats.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I went to 2.25 pipe, true duals to rear, ditched the 3rd cat and resonator and run stock mufflers. It sounds good and isn't droning or loud.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I went to 2.25 pipe, true duals to rear, ditched the 3rd cat and resonator and run stock mufflers. It sounds good and isn't droning or loud.
Could you maybe get me pictures of your setup (if you have them?)

·
Registered
875 Posts
Next time i'm in town and get it up on a hoist, i'll get ya some.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
should I go get the mufflers tomorrow?

it's my last chance. should i bother? y/n?

·
Registered
875 Posts
My opinion, for what it's worth, if you want it quiet, stay with stock mufflers, lower restriction mufflers will give more sound. Once the third cat and resonator are gone and your running true duals all the way back, that eliminates more than enough restriction, unless you plan on pushing way more horsepower.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
welp looks like I'm gonna go with billy's suggestion though I might be hard pressed to get rid of the 3rd cat (cali) but I reckon the local muffler shop'll do it if I offer cash w/o receipt

1 - 17 of 17 Posts