14,208 Posts
Jeremiah said:

Companies do it all the time.
Do what all the time, make replicas?

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
okcbird said:
This isn't to be taken offensively at all.

But do either of you work for Ford? If not, then how do you know when they 'actually' started work on the '02 Bird?

You could be right, but I'm thinking not, they were probably working on some of it before they even got rid of the MN12, you think they'd announce the release of an '02 model of such different taste while announcing they were killing the current one at the same time, probably not, wouldn't be good marketing.
none taken and none given,

i dont work at ford but i have talked with Nancy Goia head of the development of the retro bird, she said they only worked on it for about a year. if you ever get a chance to watch the discovery channel history of the thunderbird, she talks all about it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
My bad... quoted wrong person...

okcbird said:
This isn't to be taken offensively at all.

But do either of you work for Ford? If not, then how do you know when they 'actually' started work on the '02 Bird?

You could be right, but I'm thinking not, they were probably working on some of it before they even got rid of the MN12, you think they'd announce the release of an '02 model of such different taste while announcing they were killing the current one at the same time, probably not, wouldn't be good marketing.

anounce new body styles or retro looks all the time.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
VicRattlehead said:

none taken and none given,

i dont work at ford but i have talked with Nancy Goia head of the development of the retro bird, she said they only worked on it for about a year. if you ever get a chance to watch the discovery channel history of the thunderbird, she talks all about it.
Oh, so you believe everything the 'media' tells you.

LOL. Right.

-J

·
Registered
825 Posts
I thought that Mr. Roush had the one remaining sve tbird in his personal garage, but its not insured because it has no vin.

Thats what I was told by a few reputable sources

·
Administrator
14,208 Posts
bmac said:
I thought we were talking about the 1 and only SVT bird

WHERE IS IT!!!!!!
Yeah, I had to split the thread.

·
Registered
51 Posts
as i said

in my reply that addressed both sides of this thread i have heard that it is at roush racing in ft lauderdale in broward county. i think jerry said it was there on the board about 2 years ago.

anthony

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Re: as i said

fennanthony said:
in my reply that addressed both sides of this thread i have heard that it is at roush racing in ft lauderdale in broward county. i think jerry said it was there on the board about 2 years ago.

anthony
since you said it first, i do believe that you are 100% correct, there are 2 SVE birds left.

·
Registered
51 Posts
hmm

very interesting. i never said anything about 2 but i'll go with it i just heard that was where the 1 was. where do you think the other one is?

anthony

·
Registered
825 Posts
Isn't that EXACTLY what I just said?

·
Super Moderator
12,652 Posts
Reactions: Zep5.0
21 - 32 of 32 Posts