TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just purchased a 1996 thunderbird 4.6, I recently got my insurance card and title. On my insurance card it says it is a thunderbird SVT. Needless to say my insurance perm went up. I was woundering if it is really a SVT. I have done countless searches for one but I am unable to find any info. Please let me know! Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,165 Posts
If I remember right, you're not the first one thats happened to. I'm thinking that "SVT" means something in insurance lingo other than "Special Vehicle Team".

At any rate there were only 4 prototype SVT T-birds made, and as far as I know only one of them survives.

See link:SVT Thunderbird

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have Geico and mine says the same thing.I don't think it is in insurace lingo,however.My card says "Thunderbird LX/SVT".My Ranger is an XLT model and my card for that says "Ranger XL/XLT".I think it means exactly what it sounds like.With that being said,I know I don't have an SVT Thunderbird,nor does anyone else,but it may have just been entered into their computer that way back in 96 when the proposed car was going to come out and never got corrected.This may be some indication as to how close the car actually got to production.And being that it lists it as "LX/SVT" means that the insurance company sees them as the same model so you are not being charged extra.Explain if they actually told you that it was more for an SVT Thunderbird over an LX Thunderbird or are you just assuming that because you see it on your card.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
mrc71 said:
I have Geico and mine says the same thing.... Explain if they actually told you that it was more for an SVT Thunderbird over an LX Thunderbird or are you just assuming that because you see it on your card.
I too have GEICO and it also says SVT. Have you ever talked to them to see if there are any different listings for T-Birds? Maybe I'll call them.

·
Registered
120 Posts
johnaec said:
I too have GEICO and it also says SVT. Have you ever talked to them to see if there are any different listings for T-Birds? Maybe I'll call them.
I never have called them about it.I just gave them the vin# when I added the Tbird to my policy and didn't notice it until I got my cards.I don't think it matters either way,price wouldn't change.It doesn't bother me enough to call them,besides,my insurance is reasonable on it because I have my truck listed as my primary vehicle.It doesn't hurt either that I am 34 with no accidents on my record ever and have a "safe driver"classification on my license.I haven't had a ticket for a moving violation in over 10 years.(knock on wood!)

·
Registered
630 Posts
We;; i got a simalir problem with my insurance company... When i got my bird on it they said it was a V8 bird and i called them and told them it was a V6 but i didnt tell them its super charged.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts