TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Saturn died, timing chain busted. So now i've got to find a new car. I was looking at an SVT Contour. what do ya think? I can pick it up from anywhere and load it into my semi trailer. But anyways i'd like to get the spects. Thanks, Tony.

·
Super Moderator
12,025 Posts
my Saturn died, timing chain busted. So now i've got to find a new car. I was looking at an SVT Contour. what do ya think? I can pick it up from anywhere and load it into my semi trailer. But anyways i'd like to get the spects. Thanks, Tony.
Could you be a little more specific. This may sound harsh, I don't mean for it to be. Just some constructive criticism.

:confused:

So what exactly are you asking of us?

Do we think you should get an SVT Contour? - That's up to you.

Do we think the SVT Contour is worth a crap? - That's also up to you. There are as many opinions on that one as well...

Can we find the specs for the SVT Contour for you? - No. Google is your friend.

Do any of us have an SVT Contour that's for sale? - Probably not.

Please put some thought into a thread when you start one.

·
Registered
173 Posts
The SVT Tours are actually pretty quick cars, especially if you plan on modding. Any of the v6 contours will be nice, the 4 cylinder blows. I just got rid of a fwd ford that was nothing but problems, but if I found a Contour v6 with a 5 speed for a decent price I'd jump on it because those are fun cars.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what i was asking, since somebody here knows more then i do. thats why i asked about power, ect. yes i was kinda wondering if they're worth buying. No i wasn't asking to buy, i'm looking in the near future.

·
Registered
238 Posts
IMHO- opinions are like butt holes, we all got em, and they all stink!
One of my acquatences has one and he swears by it. (pocket rocket)

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion... I have not had any personal experience with one.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
SVTs Contours are nothing great. What are they, like 5HP difference between the V6 and the SVT? Nothing but a fancy interior and a body kit really.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i thought they have 260HP?...

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
i thought they have 260HP?...
about 200, the later ones got an extrude honed manifold with a little roush engineering. my friend had one, i thought it was fun to drive, rev happy, and handles very well.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So they're making less then a T-bird? hmm...

·
Registered
9,966 Posts
So they're making less then a T-bird? hmm...
the later SVT Contour has a manifold that is extrude honed....advetised power is about 215.

·
Registered
173 Posts
It's ashamed Ford wrote SVT on those cars. There was an SVT waving bye to my buddie in a 03 24 valve Taurus and the Taurus was able to wave back as he passed them.
sorry but there was something wrong with that SVT then. A Taurus 24v makes 200 bhp and the OHV makes 145 bhp. Plus the Taurus weighs 300 plus pounds more. A Taurus with 3.0 OHV does 0-60 around 10 seconds, the 24v OHC does it around 9 seconds. Not quick cars by any means, and they don't get better at high speeds.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts