TCCoA Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Exhaust Completed?!?!?!

Well,

She's almost as done as she is going to get. :) A thanks goes out to any and all that answered questions for me and especially to Pat for his hard A$$ work and no complaints attitude.

Here's what we((using this term loosely, should say Pat and Robert) teach me to move over 600 miles from my friends) did in the last couple months:

Mark 8 DS
3.27 TL
Poly Bushings Front to rear
Bilstein Shocks(4)
Addco 1 1/4 F 1 1/8 R Sways
PI 02 Cams and New PI Intake
Accufab plenum and 70mm TB
Marauder TC and Flywheel
KN cone Filter
Self made box for filter
JBA headers
Jmod(99 valve body)
FRPP pulley kit

What's left? Exhaust. Looking at Magnaflow high flow cats and Dr. Gas X pipe. I don't want a rocket ship or the loudest car on the block. Rather have the quietest sleeper around.

Anyway, to the questions I have left.

1. Heater hose? After the intake swap the 5/8 to 3/4 hose isn't going to work because there's twist in it. What is the proper one to replace it with? Is there a ford part number?

2. Exhaust.......Going duals all the way back, but dont want it to be loud at all. If I can keep the stock sound that would be perfect. Any input there would help. Figured the high flo cats would help keep the x pipe quiet.

If you have an answer please let me know.

Thanks,

Todd

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Looks like Dr. Gas UXJ25-25A X pipe and then Magnaflow 94106 Cats, but checking the flow rates on those. Was told by Magnaflow themselves to stay away from XO and Turbo mufflers, so looking at sizes now. Thinking of maybe the 4x9x18, well 2 of them. Need a quiet car. LOL

Any input? Called Dan on the hose but haven't heard back from him yet. Monday's are always fun.

·
Registered
987 Posts
On the x-pipe and muffler. I remember reading awhile back that there is a muffler that you can midmount that has an X-pip built in. I don't remember much else, but that could be an option.

Sam

·
Registered
987 Posts
Nope still searching. There is a sport here locally that I might make an offer on, but I found a Mark down in Texas that has my eye. If I hear back from the guy I would be flying down to DFW to pick it up next Friday. I would do it this friday, but there is a race here in town that I have committed to being at so I won't be able to do that. I am searching for that muffler that I was talkin bout and can't find a name or reference to it, maybe I dreamed the whole thing or someone else will chime in...]

Sam

·
Moderator, Iowa Chapter Director, Uber Luber, TCCo
8,978 Posts
slayer said:
On the x-pipe and muffler. I remember reading awhile back that there is a muffler that you can midmount that has an X-pip built in. I don't remember much else, but that could be an option.

Sam
The magnaflow dual in dual outs have an internal "x"

·
Registered
987 Posts
yeah thats the stuff... I don't know about quality, but from what I remember reading people gave them favorable reviews including the quiet sleeper note to the exhaust...

Sam

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
JL has one.. and also has 2 more mufflers behind it to keep it quiet

just running a single midmount muff w/ the tru-x core (like what i just bought).. is really, if you look in it, just a straight through pipe.. hehehe i'll tell ya how loud it is on thursday

so, do you have auto climate control??

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
No auto climate control.

Going with Magnaflow 42106 Cats and then a local guys mufflers. Getting true duals custom made all the way back. I drop the car off Thursday morning and get it back Thursday evening before 5pm.

Jeff spent over an hour with me going over parts and asking questions with what I did and did NOT want. He was excellent to work with. For you MN guys I would suggest going to his website and looking around. He does custom exhaust for any car. Mostly he has done classics and muscle cars.

Ditching the x pipe and going with an H pipe. That will help the noise issue for myself. He had flow ratings done by consumer reports and at the 2.5" specs the H pipes were out flowing the x pipes.

I am only putting out around 111,325hp (yes, this is for you too serious and numbers people) plus or minus a few. Don't want a God awful sounding car I can't enjoy a good cruise in. Going to take pics and try to get some sounds for you all.

MN people go visit www.jeff-ex.com and see what you think.

Thanks for all the help!!

·
Registered
56 Posts

I had a set like this on my 92 tbird back in highschool.

Ran em out both of the sides infront of my back tires.

They would ring out loud everytime I went over a speed bump. But they were damn loud!

Lol highschool... Wtf was I thinking?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Magnaflow mufflers w/ built in X-Pipe:

Model 11385: D/D 2 1/4
Model 11386: D/D 2 1/2

14" Long, 4" x 9" Body

I believe Weswing has the 11385 on his setup.

-DG-

·
Chapter Director Coordinator
6,253 Posts
also available in stainless steel:

14385 & 14386 respectively.. :D $100.40 shipped for the 14385

·
Registered
2,314 Posts
Why are you going with a bigger front sway bar than rear sway bar? Don't do that, get the 1 1 /4 for both ends if you are going to do them.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
All the mods listed above are done. The sways are installed and 1 1/4 on the rear is too much for the short road tracks around here. The rear of the car doesn't way enough to make a 1 1/4 worth while. The 1 1/8 works just fine and I have adjustments installed on it to raise and lower it.

Thanks for the magnaflow numbers guys!!!

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I cant believe all the people that have done the PI sway and nobody can help me with identifing the correct heater hose?!?!?!?!?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
My problem is that it's a 5/8 on one end and 3/4 on the other. The same as the factory tube, but the formed factory tube gets a twist in it after being installed with this intake.

·
Formerly Fdawg97LX
3,186 Posts
yea we used 1'-2' of 5/8" heater hose coneected it to the new pi hardlin then bought a universal 90* bend and it fit perfect into the stock heater core hose (which is 5/8" i beleve) and the 5/8" heater hose. then we just bought some hose clamps to hold it all in place and its been working fine with no leaks since the middle of march.

Frank

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should get a "Thataboy" for the day. I stumped Dan with this one. :) He did give me the mustang part # though, so have to see if that will work. Has anyone used this part? XR3Z18472AB

Thanks,

Todd

1 - 20 of 57 Posts