TCCoA Forums banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,212 Posts
Yeah, we dont have anywhere near the memory of the x4. and the canned tunes are crap.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello everyone on this continuing post...
Engine is running and sounds good but I ran into an issue ( no surprise) I have lost the accessories and run position on the ignition switch. Not sure why yet.

When I turn the key to the start position and the engine starts up the starter remains engaged and the dashboard lights up but only when the engine is running. I've opened the steering column to look over the key switch and found a semi- broken contact that touches the key cylinder.

Note: the wiring harness is out of a 97 T-Bird and my Bird is a 96 , I thought there would be very little changes in the wiring between the 2 years of the MN12's and I'm asking the group if there is any knowledge of a possible exception to the 2 different years or if I'm looking in the right place (ignition switch).

PS- SCTX4 was the programmer choice with a custom tune to be uploaded this week.

Thank you

·
The Parts Guy
7,913 Posts
Changes between '96 and '97 are minimal. I expect you're looking in the right area by checking out the ignition switch. They are known to go bad, and are pretty simple to replace.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi there-
DOHC is up and running for the most part but there has been a issue with wiring out of vehicle to transmission, the wiring harness has many worn out connections and breaks. This is why the bird would not start up as hoped. I only have 2nd and 3rd gear at this time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hello Everyone-

Quick update, engine is in and running great, added 80mm MAF and cold air intake. I really appreciate the support you folks bring to the table.

Rod- Are there any meets in the STL area TCCOA members gather at?

PS. the wiring issue was at the tranny, seems the connectors were making contact with other contacts are not connecting at all.
Vroom!

Larry

·
The Parts Guy
7,913 Posts
Rod- Are there any meets in the STL area TCCOA members gather at?
We used to get together once a month, but life and now COVID, has really killed that off. I work with one member; the rest I usually see at least twice a year at the Rods & Hogs cruise and the TBU Christmas meet.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Rod-
What rims are you running on that Cougar? I would like to meet you sometime....and thank you in person for the help on my Junkyard Special and see your spunky machine.
Larry

·
Super Moderator
12,212 Posts
The actual ignition switch is under the dash, not in the Steering wheel; that's just the lock. The single wire is the keys are in the ignition warning chime.

·
The Parts Guy
7,913 Posts
They are 17x8 and 17x9 Bullitt replicas made by Dante Designs in the late-90's / early-00's.

I'm around. I don't really hit up car shows much, but I do try to hit the local cruises (ones where the cars actually get driven).

41 - 52 of 52 Posts